Transports and passenger shooting.

Fenric

Just as an example:

A Rhino that moves up to 12" can't shoot it's weapon and neither can the passangers inside the rhino. Butas far as we can see it would seem the passengers can unload and still fire after the rhino moved 12"....

Is there any rule preventing this or this is ok?

Just have to ask since this seems really weird :)

Sorry if i missed some post about this before but I didn't find any when I looked.

I see it as a balance of the protection that the vehicle give and when you disembark you don't get that.

Using a 10 man Tac squad in a Rhino as an example

After moving 12" in the Rhino they don't disembark, you have to allocate a units shooting against the Rhino with something that can pop the AV11 and then get a Destroyed result in order to get them where they can be shot and/or assaulted.

Where that unit could trade off that protection to fire their bolters but now be targeted by everyone who can draw line of sight.

Yeah thats one way of looking at it, or GW just dropped the ball on that one. either way I do it all the time and it kicks ass

I'm going to roll this one day, just for fun. I've done it twice with less capable Sister squads in Rhinos pushing a swarming unit in a line with another unit in range right behind them. Shoot at the unit behind them.

Canoness with Inferno and Brazier

Celestine Retinue with H Flamer, Flamer and VSS has a combi-flamer or Brazier

Transported in an Immolator (6 model limit)

Twin linked heavy flamers not only get to reroll failed wound attempts, on the Immolator they can fire after moving 12 inches.

2x Heavy flamer templates

3x Flamer templates

1x Inferno shot

4x Bolter shots

As long as I'm dreaming, I might as well wish for a Litanies of Faith to pop AP1 on a wound roll of 6 (yes, kinda like Rending, but not quite).

Once your out of the vehicle you still count as moving- so your unloading a clip as you exit. Makes sense to me. On the other hand, doing the same from a moving vehicle with any accuracy is a pain... and since they got rid of modifiers for shooting, its better to just disallow it.

Archived