DarKHazzl3 and The Grey Knights

DarKHaZZ13

Hey guys its me, DarKHaZZl3, here again.

If anyones been following my blog, or my Deathwatch WIP then they will probably know whats coming.

For those that don't, Basically I'm doing a forces of the Inquisition army. Bit by Bit.

Started with the Spacemarines, and they are all built....they will get a WIP/Blog when the time comes to paint them.

The sister are the same...with an extra addition of a seraphim squad to be added.

and more recently the deathwatch which I enjoyed abit too much.

However I git a wall with them, and decided to move onto my Grey Knights

Any of you guys that lurk around the Inquisition boards may have seen this already, and may have noted that I dislike the fact that if you have more than 1 squad of PAGK or GKT's they look idenctical, like an army made from just black reach models

So I decided to try something different to start with

I introduce you to my first, simple, yet effective, and very, very, very wip, grey knight terminator squad!!

gallery_33843_5271_24261.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_28250.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_17657.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_22502.jpg

and my fave so far, the Justicar.

gallery_33843_5271_8022.jpg

Squad shot

gallery_33843_5271_11124.jpg

Like I said, Very WIP,

I used the B&C GKT's conversion guide from the librarium, but I personally can't think of a better weapon for a the GKT's that the nemesis force weapons provided in the metal kit.

However, as you can see its early days, and most of them don't have the crusader helms done yet. but they will. with added bling!!

The amazing thing is I've made a couple of these from the legs, head and torso of black reach terminators ( I had liek 20 :lol:) = cheapcheap!!

I also had ago at making my own wrist mounted storm bolter from the guide aswell, just incase I wanted to add some variety:

gallery_33843_5271_6804.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_17816.jpg

Not bad for no GS or plasticard, and my first attempt

So planning ahed;

* finish these up...might take a while so progress as and when it happens.

* Do the classic metal squad I've got

* decide a colour scheme

*plan new units (jump pack PAGK's anyone?)

and hopefully by the time I've done those a guide for mainly plastic PAGK's has turned up somewhere in the mail haha :D

as usual Comments, Constructive Criticism, and all that jazz are much welcome and appricitated

and please if you have anything similar knocking about, feel free to post. I like inspiration :D

Cheers...its 4:30 AM and I'm off to bed :P

More Grey Knight terminators done.

Check out all the details on my blog HERE

This time the other way round. Metal abse, with plasitc limbs.

gallery_33843_5271_23364.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_11825.jpg

Psycannon guy (with the justicar NFW)

gallery_33843_5271_30641.jpg

And the Justicar (the most finished)

gallery_33843_5271_21019.jpg

I really like the Justicar. I've never been a fan of his classic nemesis force weapon....it always look tacked on.

And I'm very pleased with the sotrm bolter. my original concept looked to....relaxed. this pose has far more action about it.

As well as these guys I've been sorting out my PAGK's

here we have the shooty squad:

gallery_33843_5271_14754.jpg

might add another marine to the squad, and seeing as its the shooty squad I might swap out the Justicar for a more static pose.

and here we have the start of the close combat assasined squad.

gallery_33843_5271_27822.jpg

The problem with these guys is I have 2....I want between 6 and 10.

So I started making a concept model for some Plastic Grey knight in power armour

and herer he is:

gallery_33843_5271_14412.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_16969.jpg

Close up for the storm bolter, on a power armour arm.

gallery_33843_5271_7661.jpg

Comparison with its metal counterpart

gallery_33843_5271_11533.jpg

To be honest he turned out better than I expected.

The only probel now is that I've run out of crusader pattern helms and decent torso's.

I can find the torso's on bitz sites, but everywhere I've looked has run out of crusader pattern helms.

from all ranges (BT, DA, Command Squad set)

So if anyone knows of a btiz site that has them in stock and could send me a link or has a tutorial on how to make PA crusader helms that would be sweet

Or even better if anyone has any spare they are willing to give up that would be amazing. I don't mind buying them off people, or trading some of my spare bitz if thats what it takes.

Anyway, moving on.

there will be at least 3 days before I update again, as I've got to wait for some terminator arms in the post to finish the storm bolter arms

In the meantime, comments and criticism are welcome. Any suggestions also massivlt appriciated.

thanks for lookin guys

• 2 weeks later...

long time no update but hey! I've been busy

I wont go into it all too much but basically

Uni is round the corner, I havn't packed, I go tomorrow and aswell as models I got Halo Reach. 'nuff said.

TO MODELS!

Well I've practically finished the plastics added a couple of details. however, I didn't go mad, as they have alot of flat surfaces, and I thought with alot of it some freehand would just be easier.

anyways, the complete plastic squad!

gallery_33843_5271_24400.jpg

you can just make out some details, like torso cables, and crotch plates, as welll as incense burners, just to give them that pious feel.

and a better detail shot

gallery_33843_5271_13708.jpg

If you want make your own plastic grey knights I highly recomend getting the Dark Angles veteran upgrade pack

as you can see with the one leg, I just carved out a section and green stuffed a book in its place.

I reckon they'll look pretty sweet with some paint and free hand slapped on them

on to the metals.

well

you can't do alot with metal

So i've been working on the plastic arms.

obviously, they need GK insignia, and painting it on would be too much like hard work.

So heres my GS and plasticard shoulder pads.

gallery_33843_5271_11420.jpg

and a shot of the storm bolters with added buckler/storm bolter mount.

gallery_33843_5271_5453.jpg

still some details to do....more ridged and edges on the shoulder pads, and some gap filling and rivets around the sotrm bolter area.

but progess is prgoress

and as I move to uni tomoorrow, there may not be any for a while

comments and criticism greatly appriciated, as well ad any advice

cheers for looking fellas and females.

ps. if you wanna check out the grey knight blog I'm running atm click HERE!!

or if you wanna see some death watch love click Here! Current status: Librarian WIP!

xx

asif theres no C&C =[

moving on.

I solved a slight issue I had with plastic grey knights today

the issue being that making nemsis force weapons for them is quite difficult, especially wihtout butchering other CCW's

however I came acroiss these beauties.

so thats the weapon issues sorted.

legs are standerd marine legs

still left to figure out;

heads - crusader pattern helms are hard to find

torso - normal marine bodies are just too plain

shoulder pads - details...probably the same as the terminators though to be honest

plasticard and green stuff.

Have you thought about using the Deathwatch kill team conversion shoulders? They have the runes, no book and they do have =I= but I am still amazed I have never seen any one mention using them anywhere.

These guys look great, may I ask where the Terminator Justicar sword arm comes from?

Linky

I get where you're coming from, But I am already running some deathwatch, so it would look abit same-ey...however, they do have the crazy moddled text...i could just model a book over it.

I'll look into the idea.

the plastic one? it is the metal GKT arm

the metal one? Its is from one of the masters of the chapter the one in the top left

Hi there,

I think you have done a really amazing job on those conversions. The minor tweaks, as crusader helmets, will fade when these guys are painted I'm sure. ;)

I also like your GS work with the plastic card - although you might want to file the edges of the extra shoulderpads as they looks a little bit out of shape.

Very nice work overall - keep us updated! :)

Snorri

I get where you're coming from, But I am already running some deathwatch, so it would look abit same-ey...however, they do have the crazy moddled text...i could just model a book over it.

I'll look into the idea.

the plastic one? it is the metal GKT arm

the metal one? Its is from one of the masters of the chapter the one in the top left

I understand what you mean when you say they might look similar, but as you say you could green stuff the =I= into a sword and book. I just thought since the metal models had those awesome looking molded runes on their shoulders, these could be used to help point out that they are GK with aegis armor since it would be a pain to try to get the runes on the body.

I meant the Metal Sword. I like most of the masters kit, but I don't like my marines running around bare headed....

Oh, and were did that cape for the Helmet-less terminator come from? I have never seen that before and I don't think it is green stuff...

Sorry to keep asking about parts, but the GK's are my favorite chapter, but the fact that their models are metal have kept me away

Nice work. I really like that you made both right and left handed models. I try to do the same with my SM tac squads, I feel the addition of a few left handed marines adds some flavor.

you could use the Deathwatch shoulder plate and model the book and sword out of green stuff like your already doing?

also I'm realy a fan of the wrist mounted Storm Bolter on those power armore Grey Knights , because contrary to Games workshop's they don't look like storm pea launcher

other than that you realy should clean the shoulder pads.

keep the Good Work and Keep us updated!

haha, yeah im'a work on the shoulder pads. but tbh, if i leave them out of shape, the'd match the real sculpts ;) lol

Joking joking. I will work on it when I get my stuff sent over.

Deffinatly going to be looking into o=rdering some more DeathWatch stuff form GW, So I promise to have a play around with the metal shoulder pads idea, and I will post picture when They are done

It might be a while, as I previously said, all my stuff is back home, and I'm at uni....but I will get it all sent up soon hopefully =]

The cape is form the plastic chaos terminator lord. one of the best plastic kits going.

and don't worry about asking about parts man =]

I expect help through comments and stuff from you guys, and it is only fair I offer what I know/use in return =]

Seeing as I havn't got my modelling stuff, I have been buying stuff for both these guys and my death watch

so there will be plenty of updates when it all arrives :D:D

oh and BTW if you guys have any similar stuff, feel free to post them on here. Inspiration is always needed.

thanks you guys

keep those C&C's coming

DH ;)

It might be a while, as I previously said, all my stuff is back home, and I'm at uni....but I will get it all sent up soon hopefully =]

oh and BTW if you guys have any similar stuff, feel free to post them on here. Inspiration is always needed.

thanks you guys

keep those C&C's coming

DH :D

I am in the same boat as you. But I am going home for break next week and with all the variables going on there I am getting my car back and maybe my 40k stuff. I jump on the B&C and go stir crazy thinking about the modeling and painting I could be doing, and the ideas I get roll around in my mind.

I now wish I hadn't cannibalized my plastic GK termi conversions, but ah well

it actualy turned out pretty well for me when I did it on my captain

all you need is a little file to soften and correct the angle of the "nose" and a little drill to make details on the flat part. you can try correcting the "jaw" with green stuff to it make a more beautiful result and it look more like a crusader helmet.

Tutorial method (it's the only way to fit on Mk8 armor)

gallery_16134_2973_31714.jpg

with green stuf method (more like a crusader helmet)

gallery_16134_2973_275842.jpg

as nice as your models look the helmet still looks odd

I've figured out why though.

the middle ridge.

it is on every helmet pattern except the beakie. might have to try sculpting it on...

failing that i need a decent source of crusader helms =[

If you really do want some Crusader style helmets, I would recommend checking eBay for a seller named Window-box.

He has dozens upon dozens of pretty much every bit in the history of everything - I buy from him all the time!

http://cgi.ebay.com/40K-SM-Black-Templars-...=item2c570e447e

http://cgi.ebay.com/40K-DA-Ravenwing-Crusa...=item2eb038650c

as nice as your models look the helmet still looks odd

I've figured out why though.

the middle ridge.

it is on every helmet pattern except the beakie. might have to try sculpting it on...

failing that i need a decent source of crusader helms =[

May be try to Convert the other helmet using a file and some green stuff like I did on the flamer guy but on a non-beakie head

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to follow your link to the NFW to look at them again, but GW must have found the seller because the link is broken now.

I was looking around Forge World, and saw the Grey Knight Tank Commander kit. It looks perfect, if pricey. It has the molded chapter shoulder pad, (though from the angle I can't tell if it has the molded runes I can see the hilt of the sword peaking out from over the shoulder,) the correct torso, and even comes with the helm, (although it does have a bionic eye.) This is ideally what I would use, plus the GW GK force weapon bitz.

I was thinking about that fella, but I don't know if it is multi part or not =[

however I found some crusdaer helms on ebay so they are sorted now,

and I bought 2 packs of Maximini's NFW/Vibro blades.

I'm going home next week to get my models, bring them unto my uni pad, so I get moving again.

cheers for staying intrested guys =]

and for all the feedback and helpfull hints

Vital and much appriciated.

yours DH :D

I'm afraid I have absolutely no advice to give about where to get stuff or what do or anything like that. But I will say this; your Grey Knights look really cool. I've always liked Grey Knights and thought it was a shame that they only have metal models but you didn't let that stop you. Kudos, sir. I can't wait to see them painted :P

I'm afraid I have absolutely no advice to give about where to get stuff or what do or anything like that. But I will say this; your Grey Knights look really cool. I've always liked Grey Knights and thought it was a shame that they only have metal models but you didn't let that stop you. Kudos, sir. I can't wait to see them painted :P

ah its cool mate don't worry about it.

I'll just keep my eyes peeled.

As for painting I will get round to it.

But I was thinking, silver is abit too, common, in grey knights. I know its their chapter colours and all that. But I want to make them a tad more uniqué.

any ideas people?

Btw I refuse to do dark grey/ dark silver /black as the main colour before you suggest it lol.

thanks again =]

Archived