DarKHazzl3 and The Grey Knights

DarKHaZZ13

I was thinking about that fella, but I don't know if it is multi part or not =[

In the description it says it is a 7 piece multi resin kit. It looks like the pieces are: 1 head, 2 shoulders, 1 arm set up, 1 front torso, 1 back torso, and 1 legs/hatch.

As for painting I will get round to it.

But I was thinking, silver is abit too, common, in grey knights. I know its their chapter colours and all that. But I want to make them a tad more uniqué.

any ideas people?

Btw I refuse to do dark grey/ dark silver /black as the main colour before you suggest it lol.

I like the previous poster's idea of NMM silver, but if you are looking to get away from silver you could go for a dark gold look, sorta like the custodes

I'll give the NMM a try. I tired it once before. but it was awefull. But then again, my painting is thousands of times better haha.

I'd also like to point out it is finally the weekend. and I am home.

my models will be taking the journey back to keele with me so I can get some mor eupdates for you guys.

Apologise to anyone whos been foloowing this and is annoyed by the lack of updates.

ps. thanks for all the advice and feedback in abscence of progress. it is all greatly appriciated. =]

DH

Yes. I have updates.

I can't belive it either.

But I do

My light bulb went, so I can only work in the daytime. seeing as I'm at Uni/asleep in the day, I don't get alot done haha

but here's some more plastic PAGK joy for you good people.

gallery_33843_5271_14690.jpg

gallery_33843_5271_13530.jpg

and a Justicar.

gallery_33843_5271_3463.jpg

Obviously still WIP.

Alot of gap filling to be done, as well as making the shoulder pads. (Currently using DarkAngels pads...saves me having to make the sword on the iconography)

I've also been thinking about the Grand Master conversion.

Here's a quick concept I knocked up (its blue tacked together)

gallery_33843_5271_5805.jpg

extensive greenstuff will be needed, naturally.

anyways.

as usual C&C, general banter etc, is more than welcome

So someone suggested NMM Silver.

gallery_33843_5271_6103.jpg

I gave it a go. Its brighter IRL, still using the web camera.

So with that in mind

TIPS PLEASE? I've been using this tutorial. but the problem here is that it is for gold, not silver. And I'm not buying more paint so it needs to be GW relevant.

I get the basic tachnique, just....welll....its hard.

C&C welcome as ever.

What really makes NNM stand out is a large amount of contrast so you need to start with a darker colour and end with a lighter one also make it so that your brightest colour from one level is right next to your darkest colour on the next one. Finally on large flat areas sky-earth NNM helps make the area stand out more. When i say sky-earth i dont mean the blue and brown one i mean when you do the same thing with blacks and grays.

i hope you can understand what i mean ill post a couple of links that show how to do silver NNM when i have a little more time.

Ed

P.S a better quality photo would help

Archived