Throne of Lies Question for ADB

Kanazuchi

Hey ADB,

Just bought and listened to Throne of Lies. I loved it! (wished it was longer)

I just had a question about the Siege of Uriah III chapter. In it the phrase "Their defenses are broken, let the slaughter begin" sounds almost identical from a line Megatron speaks in Transformers: The Movie (the original animated one). Is that an homage? A coincidence? Derivative?

Hey ADB,

I just had a question about the Siege of Uriah III chapter. In it the phrase "Their defenses are broken, let the slaughter begin" sounds almost identical from a line Megatron speaks in Transformers: The Movie (the original animated one). Is that an homage? A coincidence? Derivative?

S'a little joke. I don't even like the line much (I mean, it's insanely cheesy and silly), but I wanted a cute reference to Transformers: the Movie. I loved that film when I was a little kid back in 1988.

Hey ADB,

S'a little joke. I don't even like the line much (I mean, it's insanely cheesy and silly), but I wanted a cute reference to Transformers: the Movie. I loved that film when I was a little kid back in 1988.

Thanks man! I'm a huge TF:TM fan as well. I love your writing style and everything you've written so far. I even picked up Cadian Blood and I don't like IG novels. I hope there is room in the HH series for a Night Lords novel and that you write it. Thanks again, ADB and keep doing what you're doing!

Is it going to have a negative effect on my street cred that I have it on DVD and watched within the last year, enjoying every minute of it (not quite true, Optimus' death bed scene is not an enjoyable experience!)?

Seriously though, am impressed you are allowed to put little homages into your work. Do you have more freedom working within the universe set out by the BL than is common consensus here?

I´ve also a question, A D-B.

I´ve finished The Core. Have i missed something? What had happend to the Exalted?

The Core is set after Blood Reaver, the next novel. What happened to the Exalted (and eveything else revealing the massive changes) is all in there.

Ok, that explained alot. Thanks Brother.

No sweat. I know it was a weird way to organise it; it was an experiment of sorts. Seems to be successful, to lay a trail of teasing hints and mild spoilers, but I'll only be doing it once. Would get annoying and confusing after a while.

When can we expect the new novel? I´m curious how the story will go on. Soul Hunter was fantastic.

But in The Core i was irritated about the appearance and discription of the raptors. I found it very strange how the raptor champion spoke. My first thought was: Gollum?! In Throne of Lies when Talos and his squad acted themself as raptors, that´s how i would expect NL raptors should be.

But in The Core i was irritated about the appearance and discription of the raptors. I found it very strange how the raptor champion spoke. My first thought was: Gollum?! In Throne of Lies when Talos and his squad acted themself as raptors, that´s how i would expect NL raptors should be.
I know what you mean, I liked it and disliked it in equal measures. Liked it because Raptors are described as being warp-touched and downright animalistic in their hunting style.

The running on all fours bit enforced this and overall the visual feel was captured well.

The yes-yes parts etc.

Those I could have done without.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the running was a really cool way to get around any issues that their armour design might otherwise have brought up. Raptor armour looks cool but isn't very practical in actual combat.

When can we expect the new novel? I´m curious how the story will go on. Soul Hunter was fantastic.

Blood Reaver hits shelves early next year, I think.

I getcha, though. It's a tricky deal. On one hand, the Raptors were practically the most popular part of the story according to all the feedback I've had, and I don't see their speech patterns as anything like Gollum. And Raptors themselves are heavily Chaos-touched in the canon; they're not just Chaos Marines with jetpacks. Making them that way would be a huge disservice to the lore, really.

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting to see when someone doesn't like something, but pretty much everything else I've seen as had Lucoryphus of the Bleeding Eyes as one of the main points of interest (if not the main point of interest) in the story. And Raptors really aren't like their normal Chaos Marine brethren. They're a breed apart. Much sicker.

And that, sir, is one of the reasons you're my favorite BL author!

Might I make a request for the next hidden 'Transformers: The Animated Movie' love?

"One shall stand... one shall fall."

"Why throw away your life so recklessly?"

"That's a question you should ask yourself Megatron."

And that, sir, is one of the reasons you're my favorite BL author!

Might I make a request for the next hidden 'Transformers: The Animated Movie' love?

"One shall stand... one shall fall."

"Why throw away your life so recklessly?"

"That's a question you should ask yourself Megatron."

ADB should have a Starscream/Galvatron moment from the movie. It would be worth the chuckle. Talk about the quickest and most forceful affirmative in existence.

Archived