A little project of mine...

Pirate Metal Troy

I decided to make this for something to do. It's been fun times, minus the sanding.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/PirateMetalTroy/IMG_0927.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/PirateMetalTroy/IMG_0925.jpg

There's a lot of pics of it being built, but I thought I'd spare you.

Here's a more 3d view of it on youtube. All made from this picture:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/15/Standard_Bolter.png

Hope you like it so far!

It's easy enough to make, but it's SOOOOO time consuming. It's really hard to make progress when each (large) piece needs to be cut, sanded, glued, clamped, and let sit to dry for a day. The aquillas were pretty tough too. they probably took about two hours to get good enough to glue in place (then glued and clamped and left to sit for a day).

Since you guys are interested, how much do you figure something like this is worth?

I'd say somewhere around the $200 mark would cover the cost of materials, and more importantly, time. But let's hear what you guys think about that. Replica Lancers from Gears of war are apparently selling for $1000 on ebay.

It's easy enough to make, but it's SOOOOO time consuming. It's really hard to make progress when each (large) piece needs to be cut, sanded, glued, clamped, and let sit to dry for a day. The aquillas were pretty tough too. they probably took about two hours to get good enough to glue in place (then glued and clamped and left to sit for a day).

Since you guys are interested, how much do you figure something like this is worth?

I'd say somewhere around the $200 mark would cover the cost of materials, and more importantly, time. But let's hear what you guys think about that. Replica Lancers from Gears of war are apparently selling for $1000 on ebay.

Honestly, if painted well and looks good, I could see $200 to $250, but unpainted and the like I see at around $120 or $130.

$200? Sold, my Canadian cousin! Hey, why not build and sell bolt pistols too, for those with slim paychecks? They would still be bad ass, and easier & quicker to build.

There's still pretty much the same number of pieces on a bolt pistol. It really doesn't save any time, just a little bit of wood. even then, it'd only be marginal savings over the bolter. MAYBE $50 over what the bolter costs. i don't know if I really wanna make more unless I get some better tools. There's a lot of uneven stuff on this one. But it's mine, so I don't really care but a potential buyer might not be happy with it.

Anyways, I hope to be able to paint it up by tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...

Archived