grimz's Alpha Legion

grimz

To be absolutely honest - it doesn't look like Alpha Legion.

As I understand Alpha Legion should be dark base with light highlights, not light base with dark highlights. My favorite pics of painted Alpha Legion in Codex:CSM 3.5 (that one published in 2002). In current Codex:CSM they look more like Salamanders than like Alpha.

That said you could do some kind of medium green or blue-green spirals or alpha legion markings. Scales are one thing you could possibly do.

Eyes either a snot green in brightness or the traditional dark red.

Hit the armor edges with a green, wash asurmen blue (heavy), highlight with green again. Maybe work some scales in.

They don't all have to look the same. Great thing about the XXth is that they are so ambiguous.

I agree with Dan. :lol:

Ludovic

Cheers for the feedback.

I personally detest the dark blue with green highlights. I feel turquoise is a nice compromise and seems a bit unique.

I am using Ancient Vasoudaeva as inspiration (yes I know it's an Ultra dread too :))

I've never used Asurman Blue, but I'm thinking I need to get the model looking a bit more green, and possible some kind of metallic trim on the armour which I can then try to weather.

EDIT: Grammar, and suggestions for eyes? Red or something?

Archived