HQ - off

Brother Martemis

okay guys and gals, the dread off thread kinda died - and i have a half built (well, nearly completed dread to get back to at some point) but i've got myself distracted by a cool new idea...

anyone wanna join me in a HQ off?!

any hq choice is allowed, mainly plastic though

once again i'm using you guys as inspiration - any takers?

just as a heads up my idea is in my head - going to be a world burner (my DIY chapter) captain or chapter master, with a storm shield and something else....

the storm shield is effectively the sunshield from God of war - chains of olympus, but with an orks head in the middle (will be painted in a beaten silver effect)

might tru/art scale him

and, erm; thats it so far

HELP!

Once again I'm in, I've been dying to try to see how far I can go with that SM Commander set and need a guy o lead my Fire Hawks, actually, I might just get the Sang Guard kit and make up a bunch of guys; Captains, Chapter Masters, Librarian...

deathnight2000 : post as soon as you want

Hiro_protagonist : i'm working on timeframe, and i'm equal opportunities - show us the more 'chaotic' side of 40k

Sword Brethren : feel free to enter whatever you want, this is all in the name of (my) inspiration - selfish, i know :yes:

having said that - i would love to see WIP pics, don't all just be jumping to the finished product - seek out the 'dread off' topic, i think that sums up what i'm looking for (hoping for)

okay guys and gals, the dread off thread kinda died - and i have a half built (well, nearly completed dread to get back to at some point) but i've got myself distracted by a cool new idea...

just as a heads up my idea is in my head - going to be a world burner (my DIY chapter) captain or chapter master, with a storm shield and something else....

the storm shield is effectively the sunshield from God of war - chains of olympus, but with an orks head in the middle (will be painted in a beaten silver effect)

might tru/art scale him

HELP!

Why the lack of love for metal models eh?

:-)

might tru/art scale him

HELP!

Why the lack of love for metal models eh?

:-)

Hemal - i'm not gonna quote that, it might double it again! lol

its not i don't like metal models, but i like the variety that comes from the plastics (eg using lysanders body, without the application of a saw, there's not much you can change.... )

i think a lot of the metal models have been made in such a way that you have to hack them to pieces, which makes the metal models you want to use a wee bit expensive

We will answer this call of honour, and bring our mightiest of Wolf Lords to this so-called, 'HQ-off'.

In the Glory of Chaos, we send our most potent of Champions forth, and there will be a Great Reckoning.

Consider the Space Wolves and the Word Bearers in on the action.

post as soon as i want?

i have 2 iron warriors for you, one commander and one Grand Warsmith

Assault commander Andre

gallery_38604_4022_447682.jpg

and him finished...

gallery_38604_4022_545189.jpg

Grand Warsmith Linvoy Primus, Lord in command of the Iron Warriors 33rd Mechanised Grand Company

gallery_38604_4022_1158649.jpg

and finished...

gallery_38604_4022_939621.jpg

i hope you like them :pirate:

@ Deathknight2000: if this is like the Dread-off it's not a competition so to speak but rather just an opportunity for hobbyists to show others their models, a joint WiP thread if you will. A bit like the International Brotherhood of Hobbyists, only smaller.

SB I knew you were gonna put those guys up, I just forgot how awesome they were!

These isn't my official guys for the HQ-off but rather for people looking for inspiration.

First up is Wolf Lord Sven:

gallery_49580_4975_378312.jpg

And his best buddy Rune Priest Thorvald:

gallery_49580_4975_1214621.jpg

Archived