hitting MODELS in close combat

Demoulius

hello guys,

i have a little question here. if a special attack attacks models in base contact, and one of those models is a sargeant (or whatever from other races) with a powerfist, is he then specificly hit?

for example gabriel seth's whirlwind of gore hits all models in base contact, could he snipe powerfists that way? or can my opponent just do wound allocation?

thanks in advance ;)

See thats what i was thinking... But it specifcly says you hit models... Just like stuff like jotww hit models, not units. Not sure but it seems to me that you can snipe models that way... The attacks arent directed at the squad, theyre directed at the models.... Unless theres a thing im overlooking... Afaik wound allocation only work on the unit that wound are directed at but whirly (and other stuff like it) target models...

I would say the special attack by Seth is compareable to template or blast weapons. According to their description, "every model under the template is hit", but that is only the means to count the numbers of hits inflicted on the unit. The casualties from template or blast weapons can still be removed from anywhere within the unit, and do not have to be taken from the models that are actually under the template.

I have to disagree here. I think the models get hit and you can't allocate them to someone else. Think about this. There are pieces of wargear that say "Every model in BtB loses 1 attack to a minimum of one" If the Sgt with the PF were in BtB he would lose an attack. You couldn't say "Oh I'll make this other guy lose an attack instead. It's the same principle. The Sgt would get hit.

I have to disagree here. I think the models get hit and you can't allocate them to someone else. Think about this. There are pieces of wargear that say "Every model in BtB loses 1 attack to a minimum of one" If the Sgt with the PF were in BtB he would lose an attack. You couldn't say "Oh I'll make this other guy lose an attack instead. It's the same principle. The Sgt would get hit.

The diference here is the the way hits work. Hits become wounds, and wounds are then allocated through its unit. Nothing about hiting a model specificly prevents this. See legatus's comparison to blast templates for an example.

Have to agree that while it may hit every model in base contact, close combat wounds are sorted out like shooting, and thus like the blast template. Items which reduce attacks or initiative might work differently, but wounds dont, unless otherwise specified.

The diference here is the the way hits work. Hits become wounds, and wounds are then allocated through its unit. Nothing about hiting a model specificly prevents this. See legatus's comparison to blast templates for an example.

Sadly, this seems to be the case- though I dont think its rules as intended, its certainly RAW.

Archived