The Wasted Youth: Sonic Defiler

Metal Slime

Hey hey. I recently completed the center piece of my chaos marine army The Wasted Youth, a Slaanesh-styled defiler that features a four piece 'warband' with prisoners/groupies and a stage. It's a little over the top for most fluff purists but it's just right for me :teehee: .

There's quite a bit going on on top here!

gallery_49101_5285_300267.jpg

The 'vocalist' is a bound demon screaming into a mic. The mic comes off magnet-style when the battle cannon is destroyed. You can also see the drummer in the back here.

gallery_49101_5285_304874.jpg

My HQ, Chaos Sorcerer Axsaul and his custom "deathcaster" force weapon. I run him with Warptime for face-melting solos.

gallery_49101_5285_329098.jpg

These IG are about to get rocked...

gallery_49101_5285_400869.jpg

gallery_49101_5285_212008.jpg

This Aspiring Champion usually counts as a Doom Siren and Power Weapon or Fist.

gallery_49101_5285_314731.jpg

Since those guys are typically on the board somewhere else, I use other minis to mark the defilers other weapons. Lately thats been a TL Lascannon and an extra attack.

gallery_49101_5285_104929.jpg

In the rough fluff I've written (somewhere early in the Iron Guantlet) the Wasted Youth are basically stranded in space for a long time until they drift into an abandoned ship wreck and discover inside a defiler that has sort of become sentient or 'grown' from the wreckage. When they finally make planetfall on a relatively unarmed pleasure world, they systematically sacrifice most of the population of an entire city to Slaanesh on a make-shift alter on top of the defiler. The idea is that their souls are held in the daemon engine and represent the 'crowd', which produces more energy when the music is at it's most pitched.

gallery_49101_5285_482811.jpg

Enjoy!

Yeesh...heretics are an inspired lot, if nothing else :lol: Very clever idea, and well executed. Though I would've looked for a way to squeeze a bagpipe in there somewhere (get it, squeeze a bagpipe? Ha, so clever :P ).

That is something truly worth annihilating in His name ;) .

That is just one coll and very fun conversion! I love all the quirky little touches like the Devils horns and the groupies around the singers feet. If you can't have fun with this hobby, then you are taking like far too seriously!

Just had an idea for the bands Chaos Icon - make a rider. A table groaning under the weight of booze, bowls of blue m&m's (don't ask me why, but every band seems to ask for them) and maybe a few illicit substances of which I'm sure Slanesh would approve..........

Anyway, it's an awesome model - kudos to you!

Is it too late to add a Gene Simmons tongue to your Lord?

Or you could always convert other squads to look like other real bands. that could be your whole army...or your next.

Love the work. Kudos. Bravo. As my 6 year old says "you have mad skills!"

Do six year olds say that?

Actually, that sounds like a good idea for an army. I can see the ABBA squad now...

My HQ, Chaos Sorcerer Axsaul and his custom "deathcaster" force weapon. I run him with Warptime for face-melting solos.

gallery_49101_5285_212008.jpg

Fantastic guitar conversion with the chaos bits!!!

I always wanted to do something like this but could never figure out how to do it without gs'ing the bugger from scratch.

Kudos for the awesome looking army!

I can't wait for their first single ;)

Now THAT is a good idea...

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'll try to get a better picture of the drummer up some point soon.

Also, even though no one here asked about it, here is the bit I used to make the stage. The transformers icon comes right off since it's designed to be swapped out with the one for whoever is standing on it titanium base

Archived