kill team queries

greatcrusade08

hi guys

i had the opportunity to spend some quality time with the new battle missions book, i have a few questions about the kill team though.

its says you can take

0-1 elites

0-2 troops and

0-1 fast attack.

The models act indpendantly and i get the whole 3 USRs thing, but when purchasing the models, do you have to buy them as whole units?, what about wargear options, are you limited to the numbers in the codex?

What about named characters, id love to use Telion, is he allowed?

thanks

Question 1:

All armies need to go by their codex when purchasing units/wargear for Kill Teams. Codex marines would require require the minimum 5-man squads.

Question 2:

To get special/heavy weapons you'd need to buy the full 10-man squad. All wargear options (numbers, weapon types, etc.) all need to follow normal army composition rules.

Question 3:

Most named character cannot be taken as most are HQ choices. Although, IIRC Telion is an upgrade character, so I don't really see why you wouldn't be able to take him. But it would severely limit your troop options. Basically you'd be able to get 4 scouts and him, if that even fits under the 200(?) point limit.

So basically when making an army for Kill Teams you would pick units like you would for any normal game just with a very small point limit. While following the FOC options available in Kill Teams of course. After the army is chosen (following codex rules) you deploy and at that point the units are broken up into individual models that act separately during the course of the game.

Most named character cannot be taken as most are HQ choices. Although, IIRC Telion is an upgrade character, so I don't really see why you wouldn't be able to take him. But it would severely limit your troop options. Basically you'd be able to get 4 scouts and him, if that even fits under the 200(?) point limit.

sounds good, i was thinking 6 scouts with Telion and a LSS with HB.. thats 188 points, scouts can be armed differently too, so i can mix shotgunners with ccws and snipers

sounds good, i was thinking 6 scouts with Telion and a LSS with HB.. thats 188 points, scouts can be armed differently too, so i can mix shotgunners with ccws and snipers

As above... I've seen the Doom played so Telion isn't an issue :D... I've also seen ven dreads taken as the kill team XD

you wouldnt need either though, he gets 2 shots at BS6 with rending and pinning... hes good enough as is

he's efectivly 76 points, in a 200 point game. 1 wound 4+ save. not to mention your efectively giving up 1 bs 4 and 4 bs shots with rending and pinning (1 serg and 4 scouts all with sniper rifles), though it would be more likely 3 and a special weapon to max your squad. Telions strengths have never come from his firepower, that has always been poor (on a point cost basis) it has come from his ability to choose were that firepower goes, but in kill teams everyone can already do that, so telion is without purpose.

Archived