Master of the Forge Attacks

Lord Kruge

There was a rather heated discussion at the FLGS over this one, I'm thinking of running a MotF in my IH army, so I need the help of my Battle Brothers.

Master of the Forge Base profile is 2

If I swap Bolter for Plasma Pistol and add Power Sword...

that makes 3.

Servo harness adds two S8 I1 attacks for a total of 5 (3 Power Weapon, 2 Servo-Arm)

Does the twin-linked plasma pistol count as another CCW, thus raising attacks to 6? (4 Power Weapon, 2 Servo-Arm)? At one point I'm pretty sure it did, but not familiar with the new rulings for 5th.

Thunderfire gunner is listed as having 1A, a bolt pistol and servo harness and no upgrade options. Thus I infer that he gets 1 attack+2 servo arm attacks, since it's listed nonsensically in the servo harness entry that the techmarine can't use his "plasma cutter" in CC. I say nonsensically because it's a plasma cutter, it should at the very least be able to be used in CC.

An Elite techmarine could up this to 2 by purchasing a power weapon, his attacks would be 1(+1 offhand)+2 Servo arm.

The MoTF that the OP mentions would have 3a with a plasma pistol and PW +2 servo arm attacks. You can never stack bonus attacks for more than 2 CCW(though it would almost make sense in this case, he already gets extra attacks from his harness!).

You cannot use the power sword to mix a combo of attacks, says so in the rulebook. if you want a flurry of attacks i think you have to replace it with a chainsword

you are wrong. Servo arms are aditional attacks ontop of the standard ones, and are not modified by the A profile or weapons weilded, or charging, or anything like that. So the powersword (which you had damn well better model as a techmarines cog ax) can be used for the MotF's standard attack I4 attacks, with the servo arms still going off at I1 as normal.

You cannot use the power sword to mix a combo of attacks, says so in the rulebook. if you want a flurry of attacks i think you have to replace it with a chainsword

you are wrong. Servo arms are aditional attacks ontop of the standard ones, and are not modified by the A profile or weapons weilded, or charging, or anything like that. So the powersword (which you had damn well better model as a techmarines cog ax) can be used for the MotF's standard attack I4 attacks, with the servo arms still going off at I1 as normal.

I did not mean the servo-arms (which if i recall might be power weapns anyway, i don't know) i meant the plasma pistol.

Archived