Ultramarine Sergeant

tiny sam

this is a model I made and painted for my brother, the sergeant of his command squad.

I paint it with the best of my skill as a test and I want to know what should I do to improved? what should I practice first? (in fact any comments is welcome !)

side

gallery_16134_2973_415314.jpg

front

gallery_16134_2973_512012.jpg

other side

gallery_16134_2973_275842.jpg

thanks in advance

Well, he is very well done, very neat as far a I can see. However, some of the paint seems quite thick and so I would suggest watering your paints down a bit more and also putting less paint on the brush when you edge highlight as those bits are a bit thick. I must say though that the top of the backpack exhausts are very well done and I love that flamer!

the flamer is actualy pretty simple to do ( the gaz bottle fit perfectly in the neck hole of the gaunt) just a bit of green stuff near the handle.

for the thickness of the paint the photo made it worst than it is but I agree with you I don't water enough and I over primed the eagle on his torso.

so if I resum on that model I'll add another wash on the chainsword.

and on the next one I'll practice lighter highlight.

I Also forget to mention the model is converted to be taller than normal marines (my brother ask me for a model of Passanius from the Ultramarine omnibus)

Archived