Raven Guard Assault Squad Sergeant

ravenguard2010

My only criticism is the "6", like Legio Draconis said, and there seems to be some kind of blemish on the right (from the Marine's perspective) intake port of the jump pack.

Otherwise, I love his skin, it not only looks pale, but it looks like he's fighting at night, with moonlight illuminating him. Perfect for the Raven Guard.

Cheers guys. The face took ages to get right, but I got the inspiration from this site:

Click here:

So credit goes out to that, but basically it didn't come out quite as well as in the guide.. So I spent ages getting the recesses of his scowl defined with really thinned darks, and really built up the highlights with increasing mixes of the grey with skull white. I also used one of my old brushes and stubbled on some codex grey on his face and head to give an unshaven effect which will hopefully make out that he's been sneaking about enemy lines for some time..

I'll try and fix up the 6 and the jump pack though for sure, good calls. Will probably have another squad member up tomorrow.

Good job, but why is he so dark? Raven Guard should be pale, very pale... Exclude that poit - it is realy good job.

Cheers man, it is a good point mind. The way I see it, he's a sergeant, so his mutations are not as explicit as say more veteran members yet, but they are definately already underway. Also I like trying to make my paint jobs as realistic as possible so I include lots of shading.

Cheers man, it is a good point mind.

Well, will wait new minies from you :D Raven Guard minies are not often guests here :D I personaly havn't tried pait skin og RG - all my SMs are in helmets. But now I need pait Shadow Cpt. Korvidae and dozen of Scouts.

Archived