outflank table edge?

captain sox

Hello!

I have a question about the Outflank rule. When it say's the players short edge on his left, does it mean of the side of the table which he controls, or on the left side of the table where he is standing? Same with with right. The rule seems kinda vague, unless I'm reading it wrong.

please help me to understand this rule.

Thanks!

Hello!

I have a question about the Outflank rule. When it say's the players short edge on his left, does it mean of the side of the table which he controls, or on the left side of the table where he is standing? Same with with right. The rule seems kinda vague, unless I'm reading it wrong.

please help me to understand this rule.

Thanks!

Okay, let's say you are using something like a 4'x6' table, there will be two long edges (each 6 feet in length) - one will be yours, and one will be your opponents (typically players stand behind the long edges and keep their stuff back there). When your unit Outflanks it will either come in on the short (4 feet) table edge to your left (you the owning player of the unit conducting the Outflank) or it will come in on the short (4 feet) table edge on your right. If you roll a 5 or 6 (if I recall correctly), you get to pick which of those short table edges your unit can arrive from. In no case will the unit ever deploy onto either your table edge (the 6 foot long one you are probably standing directly behind), or onto your opponents table edge (the 6 foot long side that is across from you, and that your opponent is standing directly behind).

This is for a standard Outflanking unit. Wolf Scouts have a unit special rule (Behind Enemy Lines), which allows them to deploy onto any table edge (player's choice, any of the 4 edges of a rectangular/square table) if the owning player rolls a 3+ on his D6 roll.

Valerian

For most missions, each player deploys nearest to one of the long edges. this is considered "their" table edge.

How we play, when outflanking, we point to one of the short edges (doesn't matter which one) and say "1-2", and the other is "3-4". 5-6 is Choose.

So long as both players are happy with what roll is what edge, then "left", "right", who's left etc, makes no odds.

"That one" is 1-2. "The other one" is 3-4.

How we play, when outflanking, we point to one of the short edges (doesn't matter which one)
This is wrong, though. The BRB says 1-2 = left side, 3-4 = right side. Anything else is house rules. I had someone try the "just pick one" method on me at a tournament, but knowing that's not how it says to do it I looked it up and showed him. He used a special dice to roll it too, adding to the shadiness, as if he knew he'd roll a 1 or 2 and come in at the perfect spot.

How we play, when outflanking, we point to one of the short edges (doesn't matter which one)
This is wrong, though. The BRB says 1-2 = left side, 3-4 = right side. Anything else is house rules. I had someone try the "just pick one" method on me at a tournament, but knowing that's not how it says to do it I looked it up and showed him. He used a special dice to roll it too, adding to the shadiness, as if he knew he'd roll a 1 or 2 and come in at the perfect spot.

I agree that it is not exactly as specified in the rules, but as it makes no difference what so ever, we can never be bothered to find the appropriate page and look it up.

1/3 of the time it is "that side", 1/3 it is "the other side" and 1/3 you get to choose. How this is decided makes no real odds, so long as both people are sure before hand. :)

If you want to tell me 1-2 = "the other side" rather than "this side", I'm good with that. You make the call, I'll roll it. :)

Using a special dice is a different matter. :(

Archived