Titanic Might and Orbital Bombardment...

ShinyRhino

So, Marneus Calgar has both the Titanic Might special rule, and the ability to drop a single Orbital Bombardment. Does Titanic Might apply to the OB hits?

The Titanic Might rule only says that Calgar rerolls all failed rolls to hit and wound in both shooting and assault. Orbital is a shooting attack. Do you get to reroll any 1s you happen to roll, due to Titanic Might?

It seems silly, but RAW seems to support it, yes?

Correction. Titanic might allows rerolls of wounds only. Not hits. As for the orbital bombardment, I would vote against. Simply because he calls down the orbital bombardment and doesnt make the attack himself. I could, however, from your wording see the argument for.

Orbital bombardment (when it hits) is powerful enough as is... :( Would be nice though, since I field Calgar whenever I can spare the points :D

Correction. Titanic might allows rerolls of wounds only. Not hits. As for the orbital bombardment, I would vote against. Simply because he calls down the orbital bombardment and doesnt make the attack himself. I could, however, from your wording see the argument for.

Orbital bombardment (when it hits) is powerful enough as is... :( Would be nice though, since I field Calgar whenever I can spare the points :D

Correction noted.

Thing is about OB, Calgar DOES make the attack himself. It's a shooting attack that originates from his profile and special abilities. OB might be S10, but rolls of 1 always fail, hence the utility of a reroll. If you use it to try to splatter a unit of Hive Guard or something lurking out of LOS, 1s matter :P

Orbital bombardment (when it hits) is powerful enough as is... :rolleyes: Would be nice though, since I field Calgar whenever I can spare the points :devil:

Correction noted.

Thing is about OB, Calgar DOES make the attack himself. It's a shooting attack that originates from his profile and special abilities. OB might be S10, but rolls of 1 always fail, hence the utility of a reroll. If you use it to try to splatter a unit of Hive Guard or something lurking out of LOS, 1s matter ^_^

Or the heirophants where you need 3s to wound....

Archived