Vladimir Pugh - Master of the Imperial Fists

BobaHat

Hi all,

Thought I'd show you all my Vladimir Pugh mini. This is how I always pictured him; modest and reserved but still radiating authority with nothing more than a boltgun and a chainsword (even though it's a pretty big one).

I've tried to create a rusty, ancient effect on the chainsword, but I'm not sure if it worked...

What do you all think?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/RobinHat/pugh1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/RobinHat/pugh3.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/RobinHat/pugh2.jpg

That's pretty awesome.

I think I should point out tho the Pugh is actually in the current Codex. Look at the picture in the Chapter Master entry.

He has what appears to be 2 one-handed Thunder Hammers, and an Auxiliary Grenade Launcher under his left wrist.

Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't use a Bolter and Chainsword sometimes if he wants to. Lord knows Sicarius changes wargear enough....

I think this is the first use of the Techmarine body I've ever seen that wasn't on a Techmarine. Looks great.

I beg to differ. The hammer-wielding Calgar clone pictured in the Codex is not, never was and never will be Vladimir Pugh. He may be some other Chapter Master from another period, but he is not Pugh.

If you read the fluff on Pugh, it just doesn't fit to have him tumbling head first drooling into battle with a pair of lightning-covered caveman clubs.

This is how he would be armed in my opinion.

Thanks for the comment. :D

Then again, it IS the Chapter Master Of The Imperial Fists (it's not Kantor) in a Codex section that is otherwise free of historical characters... The evidence pretty clearly points to it being Pugh.

And being a Calgar clone is a GOOD thing. That's like being the clone of a god. It means he's a badass.

I just find it funny that the Chapter Masters for the two most Codex Chapters are the only ones who got the memo about 5th edition requiring two Power Fists/Thunder Hammers in order to get a bonus attack. One of the benefits of leading the Chapters that everyone else is based on, I guess B)

But whatevs. *shrug*

Kind of agree with old Git, if something is ancient in a space marines armory, then it's revered by techmarines and properly maintained.

in fact it should be the exact opposit, Ancient, revered and properly decorated! (just add some purity seal and/or decoration)

with a model of such quality I would definitivly a put a new model bolter (I kind of hate the old one) and if he's stubborn enough to stick with a bolter even if his rank give him acces to the most master crafted combi weapon, it's probably the same bolter he got as a scout.

Good job on this one!

Nice to see the Chapter Master of my parent Chapter represented so well. If I do have one criticism, it's that his armor seems to be speckled with white or something, and it makes him look like some sort of cream-gone-bad.

As for the armaments, wasn't there a description of him in some BL book with the twin Thunder-Hammers? Although I think he's smart enough to occasionally switch out weapons.

As for the armaments, wasn't there a description of him in some BL book with the twin Thunder-Hammers? Although I think he's smart enough to occasionally switch out weapons.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that, but I don't know what book that was and I've certainly not read it yet....I might own it though, if it's "Sons Of Dorn".

(Dusts off copy of Sons of Dorn)

The following is the wargear Chapter Master Pugh is outfitted with in Sons of Dorn and Thunder Hammers are no where to be found. Artificer-armour, iron halo, master-crafted power sword. There is another fourm around here we had this same discussion in. Guess he just switches to whatever loadout he is feeling, like any Chapter officer can. Hope this helps. Seems like alot of people around here really want to believe he duals wields hammers lol. Maybe he does maybe he doesnt. But in the end it doesnt matter how you model him cuz he can take a pair of razor-bladed toothpicks if he wants to so nice model man. Keep it up.

Captain Lacerus

It's not necessarily Sons Of Dorn where it says that. That doesn't actually sound right to me, but it was the only IF story I could think of.

More probably it'll be one of the short stories in Heroes Of The Space Marines or Legends Of The Space Marines.

Like I said:

Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't use a Bolter and Chainsword sometimes if he wants to. Lord knows Sicarius changes wargear enough....

It's not necessarily Sons Of Dorn where it says that. That doesn't actually sound right to me, but it was the only IF story I could think of.

More probably it'll be one of the short stories in Heroes Of The Space Marines or Legends Of The Space Marines.

Sorry im a bit confused now. I wasnt mocking you or anything that was me actually dusting off my copy of Sons of Dorn and thats the real description of his gear. But maybe I took or read your post wrong.

Captain Lacerus

Sorry im a bit confused now. I wasnt mocking you or anything that was me actually dusting off my copy of Sons of Dorn and thats the real description of his gear. But maybe I took or read your post wrong.

Captain Lacerus

I know, I'm saying the description of him with his hammers is probably in Heroes or Legends, not Sons Of Dorn.

Then again, it IS the Chapter Master Of The Imperial Fists (it's not Kantor) in a Codex section that is otherwise free of historical characters... The evidence pretty clearly points to it being Pugh.

And being a Calgar clone is a GOOD thing. That's like being the clone of a god. It means he's a badass.

I just find it funny that the Chapter Masters for the two most Codex Chapters are the only ones who got the memo about 5th edition requiring two Power Fists/Thunder Hammers in order to get a bonus attack. One of the benefits of leading the Chapters that everyone else is based on, I guess :P

But whatevs. *shrug*

It could just as well be the Master of the Subjugators, but the shade of gray used does imply yellow armor.

I'm afraid I didn't take any. But I can tell you the bits I used:

- Techmarine body

- Generic Space Marine left arm

- Knights of Chaos right arm

- One of the heads from the Masters of the Chapter minis

- 2x Chainswords

- 2nd ed Boltgun

- Generic Space Marine backpack

- Metal Imperial Fist shoulder pad

- Company Champion shoulder pad

- A few bits from the Black Templar kit

- Crotch guard from the Terminator kit

- Generic sergeant banner

- Eagle wings from an old sergeant banner pole

- Eagle top from Banner Bearer standard

- Purity Seals

- Wings from the High Elf warriors/spearmen kit

- Iron halo from the commander kit

- Green stuff (cloak, furline, loincloth, chest eagle, bottom of the IF gauntlet symbol).

That's about it... :)

I like the idea of the mightiest warrior in the chapter still using (games wise) rubbish weapons.

Well Rogal Dorn himself did use a Chainsword and Bolt Pistol, he could have had anything in the armoury but he prefered the ol'chainsword-bolt pistol combo because he was familiar with it.

Archived