New 40K player in South Carolina

SgtHendo

I'm relatively new to 40K. I've been working on building/painting a Codex Space Marine chapter (the Steel Falcons! Yahr!) and have just started actually playing the game. With two games under my belt (one a draw and the second an utterly devastating defeat) I'm looking for a more robust playing venue. I live in the Lexington, SC area, and have played twice at Heroes and Dragons. The folks there seem to be nice, but the tempo of the games there seems to be a little low. I'd really like to start devoting a majority of my weekend to playing matches, but so far I've only been able to grab one game a day on two separate Saturdays (one of which was with the manager at the store, which I really appreciated). I'd like to find somewhere where I could play several games over the course of a weekend to build my skils toward entering tournaments, plus the game is really fun! Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks. Where do you play in NC? I used to be stationed at Camp Lejeune, and I lived in Rock Hill just south of Charlotte for a while.

Oh, I'm at Elon University. In fact, I've been trying to find people to play against, but apparently no-one here does! I do here there's a place nearby, but I haven't had the opportunity to take a look.

Hey, I live in Rock Hill. I don't actually game myself, just been a long time lover of all things 40k. I have thought about beginning an army several times but never actually took the plunge.

Anyway, there are a couple places around here to play.

Above Board Games in Fort Mill, SC has 40k days on Thursday. http://aboveboardgames.net/

Underground Games in Pineville, NC also has play space. I couldn't find an officialy website but here is the contact info. http://www.manta.com/c/mmzwv8d/underground-games

Well if you ever get down to Myrtle, Corsair Comics is decent. I've only been in to buy paint, since I just moved down here from Lejeune myself, but as soon as my Grey Knights get all finished (Please let the painting bug bite me again soon) I'll be down there regularly.

Archived