Brother- Chaplain Karradin, Keeper of the Righteous Flame

S. Bloodhowl

So as you should all know it was Games Day and Golden Demon 2010 here in the UK yesterday (and if you didn't get out of my sight now! :HQ: ). So I entered this little fella, who is the start of my Fire Hawks. I was going to post him up on Saturday but literally finished him an hour or two before the bus left for Birmingham and so was too busy getting everything sorted. Anyway I'm really pleased with how he has turned out and even though he didn't make the first cut, :jaw: , I wasn't expecting much out of him when I saw my competition (great work if any of you are on here). I really just use GD as a chance to improve my painting anyway.

But enough of my babbling, here is Brother-Chaplain Karradin, Keeper of the Righteous Flame* :

gallery_49580_5257_1540057.jpg

gallery_49580_5257_1187958.jpg

gallery_49580_5257_525316.jpg

I'm really pleased with how my freehand has improved, especially on the flames on the legs, and have really improved my blending and highlighting skills, though they are still rudimentary really. Anyway C&C is always welcome and appreciated.

PS ignore the hair next to him, its always trying to be noticed.

* For those who dont have Imperial Armour 9, the Fire Hawks are a very warrior cultish Chapter and have it as a matter of honour to achieve grand titles

Oh come on! 63 views and not even a "Nice try" or anything!?! (I'm not getting angry or anything by the way, i just get irritated when people cant be bothered to say what they think... even though I do it myself sometimes :huh: ... actually just ignore this post it's late and many of us are probably tired ;) )

Very nice model mate, I really like the flames and the crozius. It's all really good, but if I had to pick one thing to improve, I think the black armour needs more blending. It justs seems like it would benefit greatly from having more layers, and would give a much smoother transition.

Interesting choice of chapter too, I like it ;)

Cheers guys. It's all apreciated.

@Snozz: I know what you mean but I found it quite hard given all the vents, I have loads spare for practice though!

@Hubernator and Epistolary_Kalphanian: I think it just looks worn/overloaded due the the lighting, I tried to keep the black quite dark as I dont like the whole "Look at my glossy black power armour! It in no way makes me stand out on this battlefield!" ;) , but I still tried to blend in some dark greys to suggest light sources.

Cheers all, I take these tips into consideration for my next project: Finally painting my Space Hulk! Watch this space!

Archived