Two vehicle shooting questions

MRC(+)

First, if a vehicle moves at Cruising speed, can it fire any defensive weaponry (i.e. a Rhino moving 12"... can it still shoot its SB)?

Second, if a transport moves up to 12", do the models inside have to get outside to shoot, or can thet shoot from the hatches?

Thanks.

First, if a vehicle moves at Cruising speed, can it fire any defensive weaponry (i.e. a Rhino moving 12"... can it still shoot its SB)?

No it can't. It can only fire defensive weapons at combat speed max. [p58 BRB].

Second, if a transport moves up to 12", do the models inside have to get outside to shoot, or can thet shoot from the hatches?

Models inside may not fire if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed (or more). [p66 BRB].

Cheers

I

I don't have my rulebook at hand, but Isiah is correct on those two points. In addendum, your troops can disembark so long as the transport didn't move flat out (generally over 12") and they then count as having moved (as they did, in the transport). So they disembark out up to 2" and cannot move further during the Movement phase, but during the Shooting phase they may run or shoot, counting as having moved. So they can't fire heavy weapons or fire long range with their rapid-fire...but they can rapid fire at 12" and fire assault weapons/pistols at this point.

If the transpor doesn't move before they disembark, when they do disembark they do in fact count as having-moved (ie still can't fire heavy weapons that round).

Tactically, this is obviously very important. You can move your rhino 6, pivot it to get your melta guns in range of an enemy tank, giving it a 18-19 normal range or 12-13 inch short range (depending on the pivot ofc).

Or move 12 and jump out giving you an extra 6-8 inches of range.

Tactically, this is obviously very important. You can move your rhino 6, pivot it to get your melta guns in range of an enemy tank, giving it a 18-19 normal range or 12-13 inch short range (depending on the pivot ofc).

I'm not clear on your example here; melta gun range (the Assault 1 kind that you can fire from the hatch of a Rhino) has a 12" range; the personnel-carried multi-melta has a 24" range, but is Heavy 1 and cannot be fired from the hatch of the vehicle if it's pivoted or moved.

I'm not clear on your example here; melta gun range (the Assault 1 kind that you can fire from the hatch of a Rhino) has a 12" range; the personnel-carried multi-melta has a 24" range, but is Heavy 1 and cannot be fired from the hatch of the vehicle if it's pivoted or moved.

he added in the move speed of the the transport.

he added in the move speed of the the transport.

Ahhhhhh I see.

Archived