Vehicles and moving

Seahawk

I would continue to say "crunchies" but I don't think people find that as sufficient as I do. :)

Sufficient for Tank Shock!: Pivot + Move.

Insufficient for Tank Shock!: Pivot.

The Tank Shock rule is pretty clear that the Tank Shock! rule section is an exception to the normal movement rules. Why then should it be a surprise that it bends a few of them? For instance, NOT stopping when you pivot and having to suddenly move forward?

It *DOES* make sense that you stop mid-pivot...to resolve the consequences of contacting a unit (e.g. Tank Shock morale check, Death or Glory)...if the Death or Glory result does not succeed, the tank continues the Shock!...which might mean finishing it's pivot so that it can move the declared distance in the declared direction.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/goalie20/TS2.jpg

What I'm saying is just ignore the X'd out models during the pivot.

In the above case no tank shock would occur because no models are "contacted" during the forward move.

Now if there had of been a second rank of models (or more of the squad to the left side) who were contacted during the forward move, then a tankshock would occur.

Basically, the tank has no effect on the squad's morale (during the pivot) and the squad has no effect on the tank's movement (also during the pivot).

Yeah, I could agree to that system.

I do understand what thade and dswanick are trying to say, and the statement that "Pivot alone = No Tank Shock; Pivot +1" or more of declared movement = Tank Shock" makes sense and seems to be a legal RAW reading. Not how it's been played locally, but that's beyond everyone's control. :)

I would make a "personal recommendation" that if folks intend to pivot and come into contact with an enemy unit/model in order to get to the correct direction, they measure from the "center" of the tank, instead of the forward edge. That way, you don't have any arguments abut "floating measurements" when holding a tank aloft over the table with one hand, and trying to measure with the other. :)

I would make a "personal recommendation" that if folks intend to pivot and come into contact with an enemy unit/model in order to get to the correct direction, they measure from the "center" of the tank, instead of the forward edge. That way, you don't have any arguments abut "floating measurements" when holding a tank aloft over the table with one hand, and trying to measure with the other. :devil:

Typically the way we've run it in the past is that we measure from the nose of the Rhino PRE-pivot (or if we're lazy, from the side of the Rhino pre-pivot), so that - worst case - the Tank Shocking player is losing a bit of distance instead of gaining it. We also measure in this fashion when we move tanks/vehicles. Measuring from the center seems comparable to me.

Glad to see people seem to be slowly nodding their heads, saying "Yes, of course. 'Crunchies.'"

EDIT: typo

Archived