Scout move with Vendetta

Maxamato

Hi All!

Can a Vendetta with an embarked squad do a scout move?

Hopefully everyone can give some clarification, I'm nt sure about. I have seen some people do this and other people says it isn't legal.

I have found in the BRB anything.

Regards

Maxamato

Wait: in the BRB it says in the under the Scouts USR that a unit with the Scouts rule confers that ability to vehicles it is embarked in. Further it says that it also confers the "outflank" move a unit with the Scouts move can make when coming onto the board from Reserves.

So in sort if the vehicle has the Scouts rule then yes, but embarked units totally have an effect on the vehicle as they confer the Scouts USR to vehicles they are embarked in.

But can the Vendetta still outflank if it has a squad inside?

I'm not going to pull out quotes to support my claim, but say that I agree with what grey mage says with the added bonus of nothing says otherwise (as far as I know) within the rules book and as someone who plays an Elysian Air Cav. list this is the kind of thing I've had to look up before when this question has been asked :)

That is kind of a double standard though, that squads can't give the ability to a transport, but a transport can give the ability to any squad.

No more so than a transported squad can't make a vehicle move 30mph, but a transport can make a transported squad move 30mph...

That is kind of a double standard though, that squads can't give the ability to a transport, but a transport can give the ability to any squad.

Infantry may be able to sneak up on the enemy but they may not be able to sneak a tank up on the enemy... however if a vehicle is able to sneak up on the enemy (or just move damn fast which is IMO what the vendetta is doing) then the infantry inside it won't have much effect unless they are really heavy or making lots of drunken noise...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived