Lost and the Damned, nurgle flavored

SquigBait

Ok guys, I have not posted here for a while since most everything that I have been working on in recent months has to do with my WWI inspired Imperial Guard army. These pics are to show a conversion of what I threw together for my pending Lost and Damned army... Dont worry, this does have to do with power armor, I promise!

A while back you guys saw this dreadnought conversion:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/commissarbob/SquigBaitNurgleDreadnoughtFront.jpg

Well, it seems that I have been infected and had to keep going... This is a 'Plague Pact' (for lack of better terms) traitor guardsman armed with a chem thrower:

***PICS REMOVED UPON REQUEST OF MODS***

This last pic is where the power armor comes in. Since I am doing a Lost and Damned army with a mix of traitor guard and plague marines, I could not simply let them be the same size, the plague marines really should be bigger! These guys are still a work in progress, but you get the idea of where I am going with it.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/commissarbob/PP4.jpg

Enjoy! :P

Well, the traitor guard alone pics were removed upon request of the mods. Life goes on and I will only post the strictly power armor pictures going forward.

In regards to the yellow, it is a nod at hazmat suits and the background fluff that I have in mind for the force. For the dreadnought, it turned out rather well IMO. Yeah, there are a few areas here and there I can adjust and correct, but overall I got the effect that I was after. The ball and chain is from the new Screaming Bell / Plague Furnace kit… I saw that and instantly thought that it belongs on a dreadnought.

Not a big fan of chaos, but I am a fan however of imaginative conversions. They look great, particularly the dread. Considering the thing started out as an Imperial Dreadnaught (I think it did anyways lol), you pulled it off perfectly. To many times do I see Chaos armies that look way too busy, especially Nurgle armies in particulary, but you got a good flow going on here.

On the subject of the Traitor Guard in Hazmat Suits, I love the idea. Frankly, it makes these guardsmen appear more human compared to their power armored companions. If they got to many "Gifts" from big papa Nurgle, they'd die a horrid death, so the hazmat suits are a great touch. Plus it adds some color variation to your army, which is always a good decision.

I really like the truescale deathguard marine though. I could see you cranking these things out like clockwork as they don't look like that difficult of a conversion. And any mistakes that you make when making multiple marines really fast could easily be covered with some green stuff and rationalized a boils or corroded armor or something along those lines. A whole army of these guys would be very epic.

MOAR because MOAR!!!!

Archived