Special Weapons and Additional Attacks in Assault

jbarket

Hey B&C,

One more quick one for you rule masters. This is another one where I'm pretty sure I understand the rule, but a disagreement during a game has made me question how I play.

If I have a unit with two attacks... let's say a Space Marine Sergeant... and he has a power weapon, are both attacks with the power weapon?

If I charge with that unit (or am near a banner or other buffing unit) and get an extra attack, is that also with the power weapon?

Finally, a theoretical version. If I have a unit with two different close combat weapons (let's say, an Ironclad with the Dreadnought CC and a Seismic Hammer) and it gets 3 attacks for having 2 close combat weapons. Which weapon gets the additional attack, or is that additional attack resolved differently? Similarly, if I charge with it and get 4... you get the idea.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate all of your help and general keeping-me-from-looking-stupid-ness.

Hey B&C,

One more quick one for you rule masters. This is another one where I'm pretty sure I understand the rule, but a disagreement during a game has made me question how I play.

If I have a unit with two attacks... let's say a Space Marine Sergeant... and he has a power weapon, are both attacks with the power weapon?

Yes

If I charge with that unit (or am near a banner or other buffing unit) and get an extra attack, is that also with the power weapon?

Yes

Finally, a theoretical version. If I have a unit with two different close combat weapons (let's say, an Ironclad with the Dreadnought CC and a Seismic Hammer) and it gets 3 attacks for having 2 close combat weapons. Which weapon gets the additional attack, or is that additional attack resolved differently? Similarly, if I charge with it and get 4... you get the idea.

I don't believe that you would get the third attack as the two special CC weapons are not the same. As for the two base + charge attacks : I think they would all apply to whichever weapon you choose to attack with.

Edit : Having just re-read the Dreadnought CC weapon and Ironclad Seismic Hammer rules, it would seem that since it's a DCCW which gives a +1 to Vehcile Damage rolls that it should give the further +1. Therefore I would guess that all attacks should be at the most advantageous Seismic Hammer result.

Normally you don't get the +1 attack for having 2 different special close combat weapons (say a fist and a power weapon). But dreadnoughts are different. The Ironclad and Furioso have special rules saying they still get the +1 attack when armed with differing close combat weapons (can't think of another example of walkers with different types of close combat weapons)

Archived