DIY Swapping Project WIP Thread

Wait, the deadline's Feb 1st? Thank god, I thought it was December 30th for some reason. If it is the 30th though, my apologies to WingsOfTheFalcon as it's not going to be done for that date.

EDIT: The deadline is the 30th. Apologies to WOTF, I've not completed this. Primer ran out after priming my tactical squad and my closest hobby store is seven miles away, and I don't drive :)

Gutted! Oh well, are you still going to do the marine or have you decided not to bother now the project is over?

In a cruel twist of fate which has convinced me that fate is taking the piss, I may be going to my Games Workshop today. If I do I'll pick up some Chaos Black and some primer, and do the Lost marine, because I hate to disappoint you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to apologise to TheNormish, the model was done (before the deadline) but poor lighting and the model's base breaking really set me back. I haven't been able to replace the base so for now it's just pictures of the marine himself.

Since the last images, I redid the backpack and attempted to highlight it, and I've added the Chapter badge and Tactical badge. I think though that I'm going to have to paint over the Tactical decal due to it looking weird (decals are such a pain in the ASS!). I tried my best with the badge, but there isn't a brush tiny enough for me to be able to get as precise as I want with my limited paint skills.

gallery_20677_5420_82478.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_105915.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_103295.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_16503.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_105366.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_11995.jpg

gallery_20677_5420_96262.jpg

I have to apologise to TheNormish, the model was done (before the deadline) but poor lighting and the model's base breaking really set me back. I haven't been able to replace the base so for now it's just pictures of the marine himself.

Since the last images, I redid the backpack and attempted to highlight it, and I've added the Chapter badge and Tactical badge. I think though that I'm going to have to paint over the Tactical decal due to it looking weird (decals are such a pain in the ASS!). I tried my best with the badge, but there isn't a brush tiny enough for me to be able to get as precise as I want with my limited paint skills.

No apologies necessary, mine is also late, because of my own incompetence. And I agree, I never use decals myself because I can never get them to look good or even stay on most of the time (and then, about a week after i put them on, I touch and it comes off). So I freehand all my insignia, numbers, and badges. I'll try and get you pictures of yours soon though, upon my honor.

Archived