DIY Swapping Project WIP Thread

Time to show my work, featuring Khrangar's Emperor's Word.

So here be Veteran Sergeant Oratus, featuring a powerfist bearing his chapter's symboil and one of my Cambrius Custom Helmets ©, made from a Mk. VI helm. I should get this pious and steadfast sergeant based and sprayed soon.

gallery_26154_4383_1095723.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_2162947.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_2163101.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_2162384.jpg

Cambrius

Ok, so, it's pretty rough still but it gives a good impression of where I'm planning on going. Posting to prove I'm not a total slacker . . .

gallery_54762_5352_263726.jpg

Sgt. Vallidus Laedo of the Omega Fists

The lower left leg will be some older armor variant (as yet undetermined), and I'm cutting out the loincloth for an armored . . . junk-cover? Like the UM tank commander (Chronus? Cronos? Something like that . . .) Also working on ways to make the backpack a little more sexy - open to suggestions.

I'll be starting work on WingsOfTheFalcon's Lost marine today. Unfortunately he's probably going to end up looking like a vanilla Marine but I'll do what I can to set him apart from the rest in lieu of my total lack of bits :P

So I've been running around a little behind... but I think it paid off. Working off of the fluff for the Bladeborn they are fond of guerrilla tactics. First thought that came to mind of an mini I couldn't do. Not only do I lack the skills with green stuff (patience mainly is my problem I think) but also bitz ordering is not something I can really do for this. For some reason our mail takes a rather long time.

In any case I decided I wanted to run it as if they try to take every opportunity they can to get ahead, even going so low as to throw sand in an enemy's eyes and run him through. Not very knightly, but in the Grim Darkness of the 41st millennium, you do what you can to win and survive. Again by idea was stifled however as the parts didn't line up right for my thoughts on how I wanted him. So in his final form I figure its more of a standard marine pose, but it at least looks somewhat like he is trying to draw the enemy to his bolter before making a swipe with his chain sword.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Slyen/40k%20Stuff/SDC11222.jpg

Also used one of my Minimax heads. Wanted to try them out and see how they work out, as I have never worked with Resin before... practice for when I deal with my Forgeworld stuff.

Ok, so, it's pretty rough still but it gives a good impression of where I'm planning on going. Posting to prove I'm not a total slacker . . .

*snip*

The lower left leg will be some older armor variant (as yet undetermined), and I'm cutting out the loincloth for an armored . . . junk-cover? Like the UM tank commander (Chronus? Cronos? Something like that . . .) Also working on ways to make the backpack a little more sexy - open to suggestions.

Wow. Just... Wow! Looking good!

Looking at all these awesome examples, makes me wish my modelling skills were better!

So I've been running around a little behind... but I think it paid off. Working off of the fluff for the Bladeborn they are fond of guerrilla tactics. First thought that came to mind of an mini I couldn't do. Not only do I lack the skills with green stuff (patience mainly is my problem I think) but also bitz ordering is not something I can really do for this. For some reason our mail takes a rather long time.

In any case I decided I wanted to run it as if they try to take every opportunity they can to get ahead, even going so low as to throw sand in an enemy's eyes and run him through. Not very knightly, but in the Grim Darkness of the 41st millennium, you do what you can to win and survive. Again by idea was stifled however as the parts didn't line up right for my thoughts on how I wanted him. So in his final form I figure its more of a standard marine pose, but it at least looks somewhat like he is trying to draw the enemy to his bolter before making a swipe with his chain sword.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/Slyen/40k%20Stuff/SDC11222.jpg

Also used one of my Minimax heads. Wanted to try them out and see how they work out, as I have never worked with Resin before... practice for when I deal with my Forgeworld stuff.

I'm liking :) And you've got it exactly right, my guys aren't really that honourable when push comes to shove. They can't afford to be.

I hope to soon post some pics of my WIP for Brother Xeones. Model itself is okay (not brilliant, but it is me ;) ) and I confess I'm having to use trail and error to work out the green. More error then anything else ;)

The targeter "sight" is from imperial guard heavy weapons kit the mortar targeter.. i use themallot on my bolt pistols and exhange the pistol clip with a bolter one in stead to make it bigger and more meen!!! :D

Cheers and awesome work tith the Heroe Captain there with the thunderhammer mate!!!

Alright, after finally getting time to figure this out and to stop slacking anymore, I have decided to do a Captain on a bike in Mk. III Iron Armor if I can get it in time, with one of the Knights of Ultramar's special combi-plasmas. I'm also thinking of replacing the bolters on the bike with something, but I don't know what. Note that I am going to try not to use green stuff on this as part of my self-challenge.

The targeter "sight" is from imperial guard heavy weapons kit the mortar targeter.. i use themallot on my bolt pistols and exhange the pistol clip with a bolter one in stead to make it bigger and more meen!!! :)

It was from the IG heavy weapon's sprue. Didn't know it went to the mortar though. Looks more like modern holo sights than the ones that come in the SM kits.

All looking good so far guys.

I've been away for a bit hence no update, though I do think that terminatorinhell's is nearly done.

Any suggestions on how I can improve it further would be much appreciated. The last thing I'm going to paint is the chapter symbol.

I'm currently waiting on life, but I will have my marine finished by the deadline. (ok, I have a few RL projects and some epic stuff to get off the table before I can work on this seriously so in a couple of weeks).

Archived