DIY Swapping Project WIP Thread

It's snowing now in North Carolina. I'm told this is unusual, but it prevents me from priming. Seems like you'll have to wait until I get to Kenya, Heru Talon. But I'll definitely have it done before New Years! I will try to get you some pictures of the model though, and a short fluff piece on him.

I'm working on Dark Link's Steel Scorpion as I watch Iron Man 2 :P Just need to highlight the blue, highlight the metal and do the eyes and the bolter.

If all goes well it'll be finished by tonight.

Weather's been bad for priming for me, so I haven't had a chance to get anything done. I should have a model put together and primed by the end of the week at the latest, weather permitting.

Khrangar

The weather here's been insanely bad. Public transport is off completely, cars have been advised not to drive and it's about -12C here. I'm not getting the Lost marine done before the 11th but I swear to god I'll have it done by the deadline.

The weather here's been insanely bad. Public transport is off completely, cars have been advised not to drive and it's about -12C here. I'm not getting the Lost marine done before the 11th but I swear to god I'll have it done by the deadline.

Fair play to you fella, if you can pull it off in those conditions then you're probably nearly ready for your black carapace as well! :P

Quick question, can anyone link me to the HoH thread if there is one?!

Well some progress tonight, I finished up the head. Decided to spend some time working with some different colored metals as well as eyes since I don't typically experiment there. Same with the flesh. Overall I'm fairly happy with the result.

http://www.twolandscreative.com/wip/40k/marines/DIY2010head.jpg

...wow... Cant really comment after that...

RL is eating my time but I'll hopefully finish (to the best of my somewhat poor abilities) the Wraith in the next couple of weeks. I'll see what I can do but even if I dont get it done by the deadline I'll still do it. Probably the last thing I'll do with the B&C for a while. Things just getting too hectic...

Well some progress tonight, I finished up the head. Decided to spend some time working with some different colored metals as well as eyes since I don't typically experiment there. Same with the flesh. Overall I'm fairly happy with the result.

http://www.twolandscreative.com/wip/40k/marines/DIY2010head.jpg

Oh man, for some reason I can't look at that top-right picture without laughing hysterically. Not because it's bad or anything, the paintjob's better than anything I could do (bad with faces), it's just the expression he's got looks like an awkward cross between holy fervor and unholy constipation.

Have now finished Khrangar's Emperor's Word marine. Take a look in the HoH thread to see some detailed pics. Now that's my thrid DIY Swap complete as shown below:

gallery_26154_4383_3663375.jpg

From left to right:

Khrangar's Emperor's Word: Veteran Sergeant Oratus

sword brethren's Iron Grasp: Brother Cado

Vaaish's Nesewdet Nedjety: Brother Nehkbet

Cambrius

Archived