mastercrafted unit

traxter

Do I roll all dice at same time if they all 5 have the same weapon and then reroll 5 misses as a whole for the mastercrafted squad or roll each model seperate incase they miss more than one hit per model? Only example I can think of is rolling saves for wound alloaction, ie if 5 bolter marines take 13 wounds I don't roll each allocation seperate but aLl 13 at the same time.

Each model seperately. Why? well for starters because batch rolling is an optional rule....

But primarily because you need to in order to use the reroll- otherwise you cant tell if your getting more than one from the same model, and thus might be cheating your opponent.

ok so then in my other example should i not be rolling each wound allocation seperately incase one model with 3 allocated wounds misses all saves but the rest in squad miss none? thus not having to removing 3 models as i would if i rolled them all at the same time but rather one?

If all attacks are the same, then it is permitted to batch roll the dice to speed up play.

If in the case of some units, they have re-rolls to some attacks then in the interest of fairness you should be rolling each models attacks seperately.

In this case, as each model is allowed one re-roll per combat you should roll each models attacks indivdually. Some models will hit with all, sme will miss with all but at least you are not re-rolling dice that shouldn't have been (i.e you are not using a re-roll from a model that hit with all thier attacks for one that hasn't).

Armour saves/wound allocation is different as you do not allocate to models as such, rather to groups of models. If all 5 SG are equipped the same then all armour saves are rolled together as they are one group. You then remove the required number of models. You don't allocate wounds onto individual models unless they are equiped differently as that would be against the rules.

ok so then in my other example should i not be rolling each wound allocation seperately incase one model with 3 allocated wounds misses all saves but the rest in squad miss none? thus not having to removing 3 models as i would if i rolled them all at the same time but rather one?

If all attacks are the same, then it is permitted to batch roll the dice to speed up play.

If in the case of some units, they have re-rolls to some attacks then in the interest of fairness you should be rolling each models attacks seperately.

In this case, as each model is allowed one re-roll per combat you should roll each models attacks indivdually. Some models will hit with all, sme will miss with all but at least you are not re-rolling dice that shouldn't have been (i.e you are not using a re-roll from a model that hit with all thier attacks for one that hasn't).

Armour saves/wound allocation is different as you do not allocate to models as such, rather to groups of models. If all 5 SG are equipped the same then all armour saves are rolled together as they are one group. You then remove the required number of models. You don't allocate wounds onto individual models unless they are equiped differently as that would be against the rules.

close, you actualy do alocate by model, and then there seperate into like groups for the batch roll, this is why you cant put two wounds onto one model untill all models have at least one wound asighned.

Frosty's Wound Allocation Order of Operations

1. Enemy Rolls to hit

2. Enemy Rolls to wound (Uses Majority toughness)

3. Apply one wound to each MODEL untill each model has one wound, Then Apply a second, third, and so on untill there are no more wounds to allocate.

4. Seperate wounded models into different identical groups based on wargear and profile (so all marines with just a bolter in one group, ones with a boltpistal/ccw in another, plasmaguns in another, sergents in another and so on)

5. Roll armor saves for each GROUP

6. Within each group apply wounds in such a way to remove the maximum amount of models/wounds posible (for example intant death goes on the ones with the most wounds remaing), extra wounds do NOT carry over into other groups, they are lost.

Archived