Land Raider Variants

MRC(+)

Just wanted to clarify a question I had.... my understanding is that the only Land Raider variants approved for Tournament play are the ones in the current Codexes (i.e. regular, Crusader, and Redeemer).... the Helios, Ares, Spartan, Terminus, ect. are only allowed if your opponets gives you special permission, correct?

Also, any update on the CAR (Caestus Assault Ram) being allowed for general/Tournament play?

Thanks.

Allowed use of the Caestus Assault Ram seems to vary. Our local GW manager says it is allowed in game play here and house tournaments. I didn't ask him for specifics, but I suspect it's because it has a full rule set, is low points value, and is a fast attack class vehicle vice say super heavies that are allowed in Apocalypse only. I have one and let me say that in practice it's not as amazing a vehicle as the rules would make it seem. For example, while it's nice to be able to carry up to 10 assault terminators/IC, they can't assault after a deep strike or moves over 12". Forget cover for this beast (it's high and huge), and it's rear armor is only 11. If I need some 'residual' firepower after delivering assault terminators, I still prefer to use my LRC.

Its probly just because he likes it. The :P things incredibly powerful for its price- who cares about its rear AV anyways? Unless your playing vs Eldar/DE youll only see it once every six or seven games.

They could up the price a hundred points and it still would be a competitive transport option for a heavy assault unit.

Archived