Ultramarines Terminators

@ daemonclaw: thanks mate, I'm still trying new stuff out on faces and I'm really happy with the way these two came out. Still need to add the red glaze that winterdyne suggested, although I did tone down their lipstick a little with a glaze of Skull White.

@ Dark Link: There is a glaze of Dark Flesh on them to try to add some texture to the flat areas but I might give that a try, although the surfaces of the Crux's isn't all that big so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do it.

thanks

James

Just remember to use an old brush, and only put a tiny amount of paint on, and do it very lightly. Just like drybrushing, except you're gently stabbing it. It's one of the few techniques I can actually manage kind of well, having once created a stippling effect on a sword using only one colour :S

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more photos of these guys:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF9184.jpghttp://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/DSCF9182.jpg

The white is done, just gonna finish up the Crux's, tidy up their bases and call them done I think. They started out as just tests but I think they stand quite well as lower end display mini's. (Shame I missed GW's Ultra-fest with them although I doubt they'd have featured, they might've...well I can dream!)

I have another three AoBR terminators that I'm eventually gonna try out a couple of other chapters on (courtesy of Shortsonfire79) so they'll have some buddies and 'll have a mixed chapter terminator kill team ;)

oh and thanks for the tips Dark Link, I'll keep them in mind, though I might not use them on these guys, stone is something that I need to improve at painting :)

thanks

James

Great work as always Pig Of Sparta!

I really enjoy your different take on Ultramarine Blue. Strangly enough it works and has been put togther well. You'r painting really lift's these simple "generic" termies to the next level. As said before by others excellent job on the faces, just watch out for those headshots :D.

Cheers,

Vandael

Archived