Feel no pain

pryor

I was reading through the description in the book regarding feel no pain and it says that it cannot be used against wounds that allow no armour save.

So does that mean it doesn't work against weapons of AP3 for example?

AP3 weapons do allow an armor save(if the unit gets it or not). A T4 model will still be denied FnP when hit with a krak missile though, as it is double his toughness.

The exact wording is that you may not take your feel no pain save against "...AP1 and AP2 weapons, Power weapons, any other wound against which no armor saves may be taken"(emphasis mine)

You could for instance take your feel no pain save if your Space Marine Command squad were hit by Doombolt, which is AP3, even though it would bypass your armor, because it would allow an armor save even though the models targeted don't have a sufficient save to take one against it.

Unless I'm of course, mistaken, In which case I owe an ork player a smack along side the head with the hardcover BRB. I hate Nobs.

It is as Xeonic described it. The important part is that whole "no armor saves may be taken" section. This refers to abilities that specifically deny any armor save of any type...Necron Warscythes, C'tan Phase Blades, failed Dangerous Terrain tests, etc.

An appendum that wasn't quite asked, but I hadn't realized until I sought out the answer myself:

A krak missile will deny FNP to a Chaos Plague Marine by virtue of causing instant death. This is also true to a Space Marine Command Squad on Bikes. Having a T4(5) still leaves the model vulnerable to instant death from a S8 weapon, and instant death disqualifies a model from taking a Feel No Pain check.

While the USR in the book is very clear, I don't think it's particularly learnable through experience. Doesn't surprise me that people get confused over it.

Krak has become the weapon of choice to take out T4 3+ FNP, so it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion via play that it's the AP3 rather than the S8 that's causing the attack to ignore FNP.

While the USR in the book is very clear, I don't think it's particularly learnable through experience. Doesn't surprise me that people get confused over it.

Krak has become the weapon of choice to take out T4 3+ FNP, so it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion via play that it's the AP3 rather than the S8 that's causing the attack to ignore FNP.

This, I feel, is precisely where much of the confusion comes from. Well said, mowglie.

This, I feel, is precisely where much of the confusion comes from. Well said, mowglie.

Seconded. Well-put.

Archived