Thought for Nurgle's Boys...

Skirax

Chaos Cultists, considering how being 'blessed' by Nurgle (The lucky few that are) makes you tougher and (from what I've heard, in some cases) stronger, would it be wrong to use them as normal Chaos Marines without Marks?

Say they're used by the Legion/Warband and trained with a rough idea of actual on the field tactics?

IMHO Id use lesser daemons as cultist proxies. They are already blessed by Nurgle (or whomever) if you compare their statline to the stats of a guardsman or most human models (not counting space marines as really human anymore). The awkward thing with your suggestion is, that they would still get the power armour save,use bolters and have the melee capability of a marine. Not to mention they cost too much for a throw away unit.

Is it wrong? No idea.

If you want to use Cultists in a normal 40k game, you're only choice is to use them as Lesser Daemons.

A combination of daemonic blessings with cocktails of drugs, bionics or mutations will help to justify the improved stats.

If its an Apoc game, I think using stats from the IG codex is the best idea, maybe the Penal Legion squads?

well technicly with counts as fully supported its free game to represent models as long as they are own or GW made. On the other hand I would have problems with explaining to myself why am I using csm with IoN[or no icon. both options being bad] and calling them cultists.

If they're Nurgle cultists, you could assume he has already given them some sort of blessing, making them more resilient to harm.

Most other Nurgle units are similar I think, just in a different way.

Just my two cents. :lol:

But, looking over the entry now... how do you justify a 5+ inulnerable?

Like I said earlier, bionics, nurgling blessings, drugs, mutations. Any of those should be enough.

You could even go with stolen refractor fields from dead IG officers.

Chaos Cultists, considering how being 'blessed' by Nurgle (The lucky few that are) makes you tougher and (from what I've heard, in some cases) stronger, would it be wrong to use them as normal Chaos Marines without Marks?

Say they're used by the Legion/Warband and trained with a rough idea of actual on the field tactics?

No, generally MoN makes you tougher. Getting stronger is usually for actual dedicated champions, not mere cultists. Plus even then you have to factor in the 3+ save from power armor and the high WS, BS, leadership and initiative that Chaos Marines get over normal human statlines.

But, looking over the entry now... how do you justify a 5+ inulnerable?

Like I said earlier, bionics, nurgling blessings, drugs, mutations. Any of those should be enough.

You could even go with stolen refractor fields from dead IG officers.

Ok, so if I wanted to use them for, say, Word Bearers, could I just say that their faith gives them this protection?

Archived