Chaos Chosen

VonMerrick

Since I'm putting together my first night lords list I would like advice on how to arm my infiltrating chosen.

I already have 2 obliterators and and 6 meltaguns on my marines. My 5 terminators have 3 combi meltas and a heavy flamer.

Would a squad of 7 Chosen be better suited to be armed with 5 meltaguns, 5 Plasma guns, or a combination? I like the versatility and range of plasma, but it gets hot and is a rapid fire weapon. The meltas are really short range but can be effective vs armor.

Basically, would more meltas or a huge amount of plasma be better in a fight against Chimeras, banewolves and the like?

Since I'm putting together my first night lords list I would like advice on how to arm my infiltrating chosen.

I already have 2 obliterators and and 6 meltaguns on my marines. My 5 terminators have 3 combi meltas and a heavy flamer.

Would a squad of 7 Chosen be better suited to be armed with 5 meltaguns, 5 Plasma guns, or a combination? I like the versatility and range of plasma, but it gets hot and is a rapid fire weapon. The meltas are really short range but can be effective vs armor.

Basically, would more meltas or a huge amount of plasma be better in a fight against Chimeras, banewolves and the like?

Are you planning on infiltrating or outflanking with your Chosen?

Do you plan to have a Rhino attached to the squad?

For my money, Plasma is a good choice if you're infiltrating into a nice pocket of cover and providing close range support for the game. Remember the closest you can ever be is 12.0000000001" so you'll never be in range for the extra Melta power first turn unless they move.

For outflanking, I'd take the Rhino and Melta. Maybe toss in 1-2 Flamers incase you come across a squad of infantry as 3-4 Melta shots will normally be enough.

Thanks,

I was planning on infiltrating them into cover.

I have 3 squads of marines in rhinos, a DP with wings, some raptors, and obliterators already. With deepstriking my terminators, a lot of my force is on the move. I'd like to have the chosen set up a nice pocket of plasma fire to serve as an initial spearhead then become almost a fire support team.

Archived