First posted mini

Jonadams

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first proper posting. I've been collecting for about 10 years, but have never had a painted army, I get side-tracked to modelling too easily.

This is the first mini I've painted to any level at all....

gallery_49614_5342_2907875.jpg

All C&C would be welcome

Sorry about the quality of the photo, will try and get better pictures asap

Jon

It's a Librarian, that's obvious...

So the pose is nice, as is all the decoration, but I think the picture is a little too blurry to judge the paintwork. Looks nicely smooth and even, though, from what I can tell.

How is it floating like that? Is it on a stick?

Oh, and welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword.

Ah, it looks great! Nice skin tone, suitably life-like.

Only two criticisms: you should probably make a black "hole" at the front of the flamer for the flames to come out.

I think the book would look better if there was more text, more bunched together, but that's just me.

your blue is solid, but I think the model lacks contrast and definition. Perhaps some highlights and brighter colors somewhere?

Thanks guys

I will be drilling the barrel, however my drill bit currently looks more like a banana than a useful tool!

I will probably use your idea of putting the chapter colour on the knee pad, however I haven't fully decided on a scheme yet, since this is the first mini I have ever successfully "finished".

Jon

Archived