How to paint...

chenley

I am currently in the process of painting a chaos lord on a bike, and I have armed him with an axe. The axe is similar to the old Juggernaught of Khorne(link below for those not sure which one I am talking about), but is from the Warhammer chaos mounted knights box.

Now the Skull on the axe blade actually runs in to the the handle in the form of an arrow. My question is do I paint the skull gold, or paint it like a skull?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1095423

Will post pictures once I get the blade painted(fingers crossed that it will be tonight).

It depends on your taste, really. I like to paint skeletal ornamentation on Chaos weapons in a bone color, and have it blend in to the metal surface of the blade. This gives it a warped, alive look to it, like the skull is the face of a daemon living inside.

Bone is always popular, but such raised areas could also feature pretty metal highlights. Depends if you want the weapon to be Daemonically possessed or just an embellished power axe. If you feel adventurous you could even paint it in flesh colours, or indeed almost any colour since Daemons tend to vary greatly in skin colour.

Archived