Bionic Space puppies?

Now that I've got a job again I would like to start work on a couple projects I've had percolating for a while. The first one is a set of converted Thousand Sons, but they're going to be Space Wolves... let me explain.

The idea is that my warband has some ties to the Dark Adeptus and in order to help augment their combat strength they utilize combat servitors. Some times these servitors are created out of captured enemies. Just to rub a little salt in the wounds, I want to make the unit easily identifiable. So some space wolves have been captured and turned into servitors of a fashion. They still have their armor, or rather what's left of it but they are slow to operate and difficult to command with immediate supervision and direction. So The unit is going to represent a unit of Thousand Sons. the Sorcorer will be an Adeptus Magos, while the Space wolf/servitors will be the actual Thousand Sons. Their AP 3 bolters will be explained as using captured Kraken rounds.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) What do you think of this idea?

and 2) Which way do you think I should go about cyberizing the Space Puppies:

a] Iron Hands Box Set ($45) + Space Wolves Pack Box Set ( $37.25)

or b] 2 x Bionic Conversion sets from MaxMini ($14.95) + Space Wolves Pack Box Set ( $37.25)

Great idea maverik_prime, not sure about others but I'd been fine for you to use it, how would you explain the psychic powers though?

As for the bitz i would go for the second idea as with the first they would just look like ironhands really, however I would get 2 of the Maxmini kits as there doesnt seem enough in it for 'servitors'

Great idea maverik_prime, not sure about others but I'd been fine for you to use it, how would you explain the psychic powers though?

Find me a psychic power that the Thousand Sons Sorcerer can take that can't be represented by some form of technology the Dark Adeptus would probably be using.

1. Doom Bolt
  2. Warp Time
  3. Gift of Chaos
  4. Wind of Chaos
  5. Bolt of Change

• Doom bolt

•  
    • Some manner of high powered machine gun-style pulse laser weapon.

[*]Warp Time

[*]

• A chrono device like the Wargear option for Necron Lords. What's it called? Chronometron or something. I mean the Adeptus Mechanicus already have some suggestive ties to the Necrons.
    • some manner of ultra-high speed multi-phasic sensor grid utilized by the magos. The sensors messure so many things, and process the information so quickly, that the Magos can literally see 3 to 4 seconds into the future and react based on those projections.

[*]Gift of Chaos

[*]

• A dart delivers a payload of a modified form of the Obliterator Virus into the target. Armor is in-effective due to the dispersal of the virus into an aerosol form should the dart shatter against the armor of the target.

[*]Wind of Chaos

[*]

• By studying the brains of psychers, The Dark adeptus have managed to unearth some answers of the Psychic ability. One benifit of this is the ability to generate a electric field that is attuned to the mind of the target. By creating an energized field of plasma with in the electric field, the Magos can attack the target's mind directly.

[*]Bolt of Change

[*]

• A super-plasma Melta Gun.

Okay, Wind of Chaos is kind of lame but it's off the top of my head. I can think of a better explanation later.

As for the bitz i would go for the second idea as with the first they would just look like ironhands really, however I would get 2 of the Maxmini kits as there doesnt seem enough in it for 'servitors'

Yeah, I'm actually leaning toward getting 3 or 4 sets of the bionic parts from MM.

Archived