Brother-Captain Stern

majorpayne327

I picked up a brother-captain stern at the end of the summer due to the whole talk of the new inquisition and what not. Anyway I started him a week or two ago and this is whst I got so far.

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo43/majorpayne327/PowerSword.jpg

I dont know but I might've over killed on the lightning on the power sword but I dont know. My other trouble area is the writing on his gauntlet. I'm gonna try drybrushing the area instead of thining the paint then layering it. after two coats i cant see the writing. How do you Knights fans paint it?

Any C&C is appreciated :) . Sorry for the quality of the pics, I'm gonna take better ones when I'm back home. Starting his Arm with the Storm Bolter as soon as I'm home.

A very nice job. I'd agree with you on the overkill on the lightning. I remember a tutorial on lightning, I think the paint was watered down, so that it 'blended' more? I'm afraid i cannot be more precise, my painting skills go to 'flat colour, then ink or drybrush' :)

yea i read a few tuts on lightning, one in the painting section of this forum and in the Space Hulk edition of WD. My first attempt on a Ultramarine termi. power sword was, Lets just say under par, so i thinned yhe paint an got a smaller brush, hopefully my next attempt will be closer to perfect

Very nice lightning effect on the sword MajorPayne, maybe a smidge excessive but still nice. Heh, my brother HATES Captain Stern, we were playing a two-on-two match at our local GW with my Blood Angels (old codex) and his Grey Knights VS an Imperial Guard army and a Black Legion force. My brother's Stern teleported in with a group of GK Terminators backing him up and wrought bloody havoc on the enemy, even killing off a Chaos Lord and his termies before suddenly being nailed in the fore head with a lasgun shot and dying, he never used Stern since.

Archived