OK stupid question time.

Thurgam

Hail Brother,

Guess range stuff was replaced basically nowadays it means its the large pie (5" template) and you can fire indirectly but you still have a min range of 12" which kinda bites - to my knowledge that how that works (havent used one in a while but i know a few people that do often)

have fun with it if you plan to run one :P

its the 12-48G that is confusting me.

That is how "barrage" weapons used to be denoted in 4th Edition. Now it merely lists "barrage" as one of the weapons properties. Ordnance Barrage weapons are described on page 58 of the Rulebook. They are a modified version of the regular barrage rules, which are on page 32 of the Rulebook.

The reason for the G is that in third edition, you had to guess the range to the target and your shot would scatter from the range you guessed. Say the target was 25 inches away from your Whirlwind but you guessed 30 inches, the shot would land 5 inches behind the target.

The reason this got removed is, I assume, because it penalises players who are bad at estimating distances when the army they play should be good shots (or vice-versa) — if you can't tell the difference between 10 and 30 inches on the table, your crack shot (BS4) space marines will never hit anything with their Whirlwind, while if I can estimate tabletop distances to the nearest inch every time, my cross-eyed (BS2) gretchin* will blow up your squads every time.

* I know they have BS3 now — they used to have BS2 back then.

Archived