Prot's Space Wolves Redux

Prot

Hi all,

I'm pretty tired, but I just wanted to get this post in....

Last time I posted my Wolves I had a much lighter scheme. I grew to slowly hate it... and I felt a real blow because of that so I feel like I wasted a lot of time even though I only painted a squad or two in that scheme. Well in the beginning of summer I decided to motivated to make a change. Here is the result:

First off- My only completed Vehicles - 2 Razorbacks:

gallery_2760_4343_169740.jpg

gallery_2760_4343_288483.jpg

gallery_2760_4343_10756.jpg

And now the only complete Grey Hunters I have:

gallery_2760_4343_91206.jpg

And here we have my favorite pet project: Arjac .... complete with Anvil on his shoulders:

gallery_2760_4343_105663.jpg

I think I have some more pics of these guys..... in my Gallery if you're interested: One of Prot's Galleries HERE.

And what else? A few failed projects:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4559799/40K%20Pics/Prot-Imperial%20Fists%20Bright1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4559799/40K%20Pics/Prot-White%20Scars1.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope you guys like them.

Thank you very much guys. I appreciate it.

Right now I feel burned out trying to jump start the project again with this new base colour. I'm feeling a bit fizzled on it right now... may need a break.

Very nice!

If i were to offer any constructive criticism, and it could be the pictures, but it seems to me they lack a little definition in the shading.

The Wolves are a very light colour and then the highlight stands out but the recesses tend to get lost, same applies for the Fists imo. Again it could just be the lighting on the pics.

Stuff like this just keeps making me wish I had an airbrush. THen i remember I paint Templars, and airbrushing wouldn't really help with black anyway :P

Good stuff all around. The diversity of forces shows you know what you're doing regardless of color, which says a lot when that includes not only yellow but pure white (White Scars are a :P to paint in my experience). My one bit advice would be to maybe chip the paint a bit more on the biker, it helps break up the solid coat.

Everything else is dandy.

Ah the cowls are backwards? Off with the head of the mechanicum! (I guess that would be me in this case). Oh well... it seems to look fine.

Oddly enough this made me realize the last time I actually fully assembled a Razorback was way back in 3rd edition, and it was a metal cowl with twin Plas/Las... so yea, it's been a while for assembling razorbacks.

The White Scar isn't 100& done... I did about 3 of them to that level of job, then quickly went on to another project that I can't post here.

I do really enjoy the final appearance of this take on my Wolves. It's just too bad it took so long to figure it out.

Tidy work, just keep going :D

One tip that might help with your transfers - gloss varnish the area where they will be fitted first then the carrier film around the decal will not be visible you can then overcoat with gloss to protect the decal and then finish with whichever varnish you prefer matt, satin or even gloss over the whole model.

Tidy work, just keep going :HQ:

One tip that might help with your transfers - gloss varnish the area where they will be fitted first then the carrier film around the decal will not be visible you can then overcoat with gloss to protect the decal and then finish with whichever varnish you prefer matt, satin or even gloss over the whole model.

Thanks. I'm pretty burned out right now.... just working on too many different armies at once!

As far as the transfers, for years and years I've been using Microset solution and it normally works fine. This time I noticed the little reflections you're talking about. I used to keep a bottle of the shiny stuff just for that reason but Microset did an even better job for me. It looks like I might have to go back to that varnish trick.... It's not bad, but I was getting to the point where the microset was almost completely eating up the decal, so obviously for some reason it's not enough.

Thanks again.

Archived