Scouts VS Sternguard Veterans

MTMK15

i have a 1500 point and 2000 point list, both with leftover points, just enough for 1 more squad of men. i want an anti-infantry killer to support both my 10 men tactical squad so i am stuck with scouts with 3 sniper rifles, 1 bolter and 1 heavy bolter with camo cloaks for the whole squad or have a sternguard veteran squad with a meltagun/flamer.

so what do you all think?

but 1 last question. i have 15 points leftover for my army list. i only have a default sternguard squad. i'll be using them fro anti-infantry killing at some range so which add on should i take?

HQ- Herev VII(chapter master) Relic Blade and Storm Shield [170]

Troops 1- 10 men Tactical Squad 1 Meltagun, 1 Lascannon. Sergeant with power weapon [255]

and bolt pistol. Attached Rhino with Storm bolter and Hunter-Killer missle

Troops 2- 10 men Tactical Squad 1 Plasma gun, 1 Lascannon. Sergeant [205]

with power weapon and bolt pistol

Elites 1- Dreadnought 2 Twin-Linked Autocannon [125]

Heavy Support 1- Predator with Autocannon with Lascannon Side Sponsons [120]

Heavy Support 2- Predator with Autocannon with lascannon Side Sponsons [120]

995 Points

Troops 1 closes with objective and/or enemies. Troops 2 provides supprt to Troops 1.

dreadnought and Heavy Support 1 pred goes with Troops to provide fire support.

Heavy Support 2 pred does loong range tank killing. Troops 1 assist to kill tanks.

HQ is with Troops 1 or 2 depending on role.

HQ- Herev VII(chapter master) with Relic Blade and Storm Shield with jump packs [195]

Troops 1- 10 men Tactical Squad 1 Meltagun, 1 Lascannon. Sergeant with power weapon [255]

and bolt pistol. Attached Rhino with Storm bolter and Hunter-Killer missle

Troops 2- 10 men Tactical Squad 1 Plasma gun, 1 Lascannon. Sergeant [240/275]

with power weapon and bolt pistol. Attached Razorback/ with lascannons

Elites 1- 5 men default Sternguard Veteran squad [125]

Elites 2- Dreadnought 2 Twin-Linked Autocannon [125]

Heavy Support 1- Predator with Autocannon with lascannon Side Sponsons [120]

Heavy Support 2- Thunderfire Cannon [100]

Fast Attack 1- 5 men Assault Space Marine Squad with a flamer [110]

Elites 2- Ironclad Dreanought.1 Seismic Hammer with attached Meltagun, 1 Dreadnought Close Combat

Weapon with attached Heavy Flamer,Ironclad Assault Launchers and 2 Hunter-Killer Missles.

Default Drop pod [180/215]

1485 points

Troops 1 closes with objective and/or enemies. Troops 2 provides supprt to Troops 1.

Heavy Support 2 pred does loong range tank killing. Troops 1 assist to kill tanks.

Troops 3 does only fire support to Troops 1 and 2. Thunderfire cannon gives long range support

Assault marines, HQ and Ironclad melee the enemy.

add these for 2000 points:

Elites 3- 5 men terminator squad. 1 assault cannon and 4 chainfists.[250]

OR

6 men legion of the damned squad. 1 Meltagun, 1 Lascannon. Sergeant with power weapon [250]

Heavy Support 3- Land Raider with 2 Twin-Linked Lascannon Sponsons and 1 Twin-Linked [250]

Heavy Bolter

1985 points

Troops 3 does only fire support to Troops 1 and 2. Thunderfire cannon gives long range support

Assault marines, HQ and Ironclad melee the enemy.

Landraider gives long range tank killing while the Termies/Damned give close fire support/long

range fire support

I would do one of two things:

1. Lightning Claw on the Sternguard Sgt. -- this lets him keep his bolter for the special ammo.

2. 2x Combi-meltas for the squad and Meltabombs on the Sternguard Sgt. -- just in case.

Since you're looking for this squad to be more anti-infantry, option #1 might suit you better.

Archived