Rapid fire weapon on a vehicle

minigun762

I'm thinking of a TL Bolter on a Rhino. I can move the Rhino up to 6" and fire out to 24" per normal vehicle rules. However when I'm declaring to shoot at a target and testing for range, do I have to declare that I'm shooting a single shot or double tapping or do I get to shoot however many shots I'm in range for?

Pretty sure you delcare the target you are shooting at, then measure range so you get how ever many shots are in range.

The same with a tactical unit, only the front three of the 8 with boltguns may be in rapid-fire range, but you won't know until you have measured.

Rapid fire weapons do not give you a choice of shots fired, if the target is within 12 inches it fires twice, if its more than twelve inches but within max range it fires once (assuming you were stationary or have rules that allow you to move and shoot heavy/rapid fire weapons).

So you declare target, declare what weapons are fireing, and then mesure ranges. This can result in some models fireing two shots but other being to far away and only fireing one (with vehicles guns having different positons on the hull can do the same).

Archived