I need some input

Zynk Kaladin

I'm finally starting on my Night Angel's Codex. I've started on the cover and here's what I have so far. I need some ideas/direction/input on what to add to the rest of the cover. I was thinking of maybe some Thunderhawks flying above blue angels style, but I wanted to know what B&C has to say about it first. Note, my inspiration for this pose (ok ok I borrowed it) came from NachoMon's page on Deviant art. Check it out! NachoMon, if you're out there I appreciate the reference and idea!

If you want to see what else is going in the codex, you can check out my WIP thread here. I even have my crappy, smudged up pencil-drawn cover concept there :P

http://oi54.tinypic.com/687xqq.jpg

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated and will be forever recorded in the Halls of Glory (our thinktank for this thread).

The design is a little to much like the main Space Marine Codex.

Maybe if you had some assault marines, vehicles, or some massive fire power against the forces of Chaos.

You know, make him look like he is just passing by, and is about to pursue another target.

or have a sword with him and make him look like a captain.

That way he looks like he is a powerful warrior. An army of one if you wish.

These are only my ideas, but overall... I know I would never be able to do what you have done.

thank you for listening to my two cents.

quick question. why is he carrying dog tags? i dont see any guardsmen in that pic :P but seriosly, why does he have dog tags?

Ah, a good point I forgot to mention (which is also a valid idea). He picked them up from the dead guardsmen. I guess he's feeling a tad bit compassionate for the unappreciated masses of meat shields, Emperor rest their souls.

Nickles 138 SUP, thanks for the ideas; I'll take that into consideration. I can definitely shrink him and add in a broader picture of the battle and glory. Also, my chapter has quite a bit of assault elements so adding in assault marines would do the codex cover justice. Particularly if I made them descending from the heavens "Descent of Angels" style. Much appreciated!

Woe! Woe! Woe!

I was wondering what those dog tags were, and now I know.

This could be a great chapter. If they are IG friendly, then you should add some guardsmen around him.

Just think about it. Guardsmen fight "side by side" with space marines. Not because the space marines are there to save them, but because the chapter wants them to fight by their side.

This is a chapter I would like to see. :P

Exactly. Basically a long time ago my chapter master was a Night Lord during the Great Crusade (how he's been alive for so long and how he got control of a chapter will be explained in the codex). There the Night Lords instilled fear in the Imperial populations of many worlds through their terror campaigns. My chapter does the opposite; trying to instill hope in a collapsing galaxy, especially for The Emperor's soldiers. Hence, Night Angels.

"Even the darkest, blackest night can one ember of hope burn like an inferno"

The Night Angels help run and maintain multiple guard armies on our home planet and often answers the prayers of soldiers in the field. We even maintain our own mini-fleet and as a planet full of engineers and Ad Mech, we've built 3 warhound titans to use for ourselves (I like warhounds :) ). We function just like any chapter, with some ideas borrowed from the Space Wolves. For example, each of my captains has the freedom to build and maintain their company however they like.

However, such large control over armed forces has, on many occasion, brought the attention of the Inquisition. Only through the Night Angel's age old friendship with the Space Wolves, political savy of my chapter master, and support of a myriad number of Imperial guard and civilians has the Inquisition's ire been diverted.

It is an honor to fight by any soldier who fights for the Emperor. Adding guardsmen to my cover is a pretty good idea, thanks!

Actually given their relationship to the guard and the assault aspects, maybe a Valkyrie or two with some Imperial Guard tanks/chimera mixed in with a Land Raider and some other marines and guardsmen assualting out of and fighting side by side would be appropriate.

Archived