uber kitbash!

sar mikael

woop woop! well i went to games day and managed to pick up heresy armour, iron armour and librarian seth and honour guard from forgeworld and then i also picked up some sanguinary guard and course i have my obligatory bits box. so what else was there for me to do but get uber kit bashing!!! so i reckoned on doing my 10 man vet squad in the kit out ive been fielding recently- 5 with power swords and 5 storm bolters. it seems to work , especially if you use them as one squad but actually use them as 2 combat squads together incase one of them gets charged you can then charge thye remaining squad in on the next round. any how here is the outcome of the kit bashing with a few of my favourites so far, just like to get some crit on them before paint goes on. ta for looking.

gallery_41292_4715_1443381.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_885092.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_1000226.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_364726.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_1842573.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_733789.jpg

gallery_41292_4715_842973.jpg

well there they are- sorry the group shots are blurry ish- dont know what happened.

They sure look great so far.

I like your choice of bits. They all look suitably Regal, while still looking like they're able to fight. Also you have some great poses in there.

My only real criticism is the middle guy in the first pic. It might just be the pic, but the Mk II(I?) helmet looks quite big on the SG chest.

I have a single question. Where did you get the Box/drum-mag Stormbolters? I'm currently soing some Sternguard, and I'd love some drum mags for them.

Luther

Nah, sorry to dissapoint but the storm bolters are just spares left over from my terminater sprues! sorry. there is one converted storm bolter actually but that has 2 normal bolter mags attached- but there is already a plastic whole storm bolter like that.

Would it be possible to ask for a picture on the parts of Sevrin Loth? I'm keen to see if the shoulder pads are loose or not.

What he said. ^^

The Vets looks very nice though, however (unless you're using a 4th ed codex in which case you're good) you can't take Sternguard with power swords, or Vanguard vets with storm bolters. So technically they're two different squads.

Unless you're using rules I'm not familiar with.

Still awesome models. ;)

hey guys ill get a pic of loth soon as possible for you, and just incase you cant wait his shoulder pads are seperate, as are his arms and the body comes as a one piece.

for the vets though i do use C:DA but the FAQ and Errata update allows this:-

Page 83. Veteran Squad, Options.

The second, third and fourth bullet point should

be changed to:

‘Any model may […].’

then back to the dex which gives weapon options! so sweet i can use it. awesomeness. or at least thats how i read it. correct me if i got it wrong, otherwise a waste of bits.

Archived