Attack Bikes or Land Speeders?

jbarket

Hey guys,

So here's my question... Attack Bikes or Land Speeders?

They can both:

1. Quickly get within MM range

2. Soar across the board to contest an objective

3. Be taken in 2s or 3s for very little points and only 1 slot in the FOC

4. Easily be blown to bits

My force is very infantry heavy. Each unit has the capability to pop armor on their own, but they have to get there in the first place. Bikes have an armor save, which is very attractive. Speeders, on the other hand, can be loaded up with missiles and serve an entirely different role, which potentially makes them worth more for the dollar to me as someone who owns very few units.

What do you guys think? Which one is going to help me against all of those damn Chimeras mech IG has, and potentially invalidate one of the objectives they're holding if it survives? Which one is going to stay alive long enough to do anything if I have few, if any, other armored targets on the board?

Bikes are cheaper, slightly less speedy (Skimmer movement rules are better than bikes) and significantly less flexible than a MM/HF Land Speeder. But if you have Khan they can outflank. Speeders can DS though...

Typhoon Speeders are a completely different kettle of fish.

In general, Speeders have the advantage by a nose. More mobile (ignore intervening terrain), more duality (HF+MM) or better firebase (Typhoon), more durability against shooting (all but immune to S4 shots) and very low risks in melee (usually can only be hit on a 6 and glanced on a 6 except by close combat monsters). The bikes have the advantage in price only, really, and the humongous advantage of being added to standard Bike squads as very mobile hidden heavy weapons.

9 times out of 10, I'd take a speeder.

I have a speeder and I love it. Great model, and I magnetized all the weapons so I can load it depending on the list. Personally, I feel like the typhoon missile launcher is the best. sure it costs the same as 2 attack bikes, but its so mobile. Plus you have the option of moving 12 inches, then shooting 48 inches with either 2 frags and 3 heavy bolters, or 2 kraks. Thats good enough to threaten any target. I do intend on buying an attack bike though. When in doubt, take both!

i agree with icechiang.

However, if was going to pick something to use, i would use...........The Thunderfire Cannon! :thanks:

Seriously though, speeders always work a charm for me with the right loadout (AC's are quite awsome though HF's kill more) so i'd pick it (or them, multiple in different FA slots is always good :pirate:)

Archived