daemon princes?

Hi,

im just wondering which legions are more likely to have daemon princes? Ive never used daemon princes before but since that new model has been released im itching to field one.

Im guessing word bearers, black legion and any god specific (khorne, nurgle, tzeentch, slaanesh) legions are most likely to field daemon princes? any thoughts on this would be very helpful! :)

The four cult legions and the black legion are the most common. Actually the word bearers don't have very many daemon princes, the only one I've heard of actually is the primarch himself.

As someone said in another topic this might because Word Bearers background tends to focus on Dark Apostles and so DPs don't get mentioned very often but they might be just as common but this is just speculation

In the background it seems the Night Lords have a number although as it seems may are no that devout to chaos that they may not have as many...

Iron Warriors also have at least two "named" but I'm no expert... I guess their boat is much like the Night Lords and as for the Alpha Legion I heard every single member is now dead or a daemon prince...

im just wondering which legions are more likely to have daemon princes? Ive never used daemon princes before but since that new model has been released im itching to field one.

Afaik, there isn't any fluff on the likelihood of Daemon Princes within the traitor legions. The only exception I'm aware of is the Night Lords background in the previous CSM Codex, but they were still included as an option and they have at least two named ones in the fluff, namely Krieg Acerbus and Periclitor.

I'd say they are a viable option for any legion.

Actually the word bearers don't have very many daemon princes, the only one I've heard of actually is the primarch himself.

They don't have many named ones. Most legions don't. For all we know they may have just as many DPs in their ranks as any other Legion.

The last time I saw, DP-hood was the result of a god's patronage - i.e. you got enough gifts and avoided spawndom.

Is that still true? If so, that'd probably be a good indicator of prevalence. A legion like the WB might actually have fewer because they tend to not adhere to a single god, which would presumably be a first step on the road to becoming a DP, whereas the four dedicated legions and whatnot may have more because so many of their ranks are indeed fanatically dedicated to individual gods.

Afaik, there isn't any fluff on the likelihood of Daemon Princes within the traitor legions. The only exception I'm aware of is the Night Lords background in the previous CSM Codex, but they were still included as an option and they have at least two named ones in the fluff, namely Krieg Acerbus and Periclitor.

Actually the word bearers don't have very many daemon princes, the only one I've heard of actually is the primarch himself.

They don't have many named ones. Most legions don't. For all we know they may have just as many DPs in their ranks as any other Legion.

Periclitor is a Word Bearer DP.

For the Night Lords we have three names Krieg Acerbus, The Exalted (from the novel Soul Hunter) and The Eldest (from the short story The Core from the novel Fear the Alien)

the plot thickens! :lol:

basically i dont want to take a daemon prince and have my opponent go "thats not fluffy!!!"

Well I would question the use of daemon prince in any small game then. They're supposed to be ultra rare but because they're the best hq unit in the current codex everybody takes them

Ok seriously we all need to stop one upping one another. Anyways in this thread it's clear we've all come to the conclusion that the WB barely have any. Night Lords are rare as they're either still fighting the long war or they love torture/fear.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=213024

How you think Periclitor is word bearers is beyond me...considering how in the 4th edition chaos marine codex, it has an insert of how the NIGHT LORDS chaos champion became a daemon prince
Yep, he's a former Night Lord and if you read his deeds closely you will see that they overlap with none other than Krieg Acerbus, which I personally think is a mistake.

For the Night Lords we have three names Krieg Acerbus, The Exalted (from the novel Soul Hunter) and The Eldest (from the short story The Core from the novel Fear the Alien)

Begging your pardon, but the Eldest refers to a genestealer broodlord. (I was just re-reading "The Core" today at lunch)

Begging your pardon, but the Eldest refers to a genestealer broodlord. (I was just re-reading "The Core" today at lunch)

Damn, you´re right. The new leader of the 10th is "only" a Lord.

Archived