The Emperor Protects - The Imperium Destroys

AyanamiKun

This army is coming along nicely, you are clearly putting the hours in - for me, there need to be a couple more stages after the black wash. Firstly I think you should clean up the wash by going over the areas that would be exposed to more light with the original blue. At the moment there is a lot of pooling of the black wash [especially on the bikers] which makes them look messy. Secondly I think you should add a line highlight to make these pop.

Finally I think you should make a decision on the bases - sand or urban. Sand and metal decking looks a bit wierd.

Hope those comments are useful, keep them coming :D :P

This army is coming along nicely, you are clearly putting the hours in - for me, there need to be a couple more stages after the black wash. Firstly I think you should clean up the wash by going over the areas that would be exposed to more light with the original blue. At the moment there is a lot of pooling of the black wash [especially on the bikers] which makes them look messy. Secondly I think you should add a line highlight to make these pop.

Finally I think you should make a decision on the bases - sand or urban. Sand and metal decking looks a bit wierd.

Hope those comments are useful, keep them coming :( ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

The bikes have been done with the Vallejo black and it really shows. They are on my "redo" list already ... Overall I do not dislike the messy look on my normal marines but the bikers are just too much ... Highlighting, the bane of my existence! I will try it again for sure but the last attempts discouraged me too much :\ But you are right, I really have to do it again! Could you maybe recommend a color? ;)

Bases will stay sand, the urban metal look was an experiment. I might go in that direction for a different army at some point but not for my marines.

So here are two more additions to my army. I really like them both because they look radically different to most of my marines!

This the the first marine, armed with a heavy bolter (inquisition pattern) and a high performance energy module for long term operations :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SSu4EZkKNjo/T43ORqx1UyI/AAAAAAAAAkU/1YO3Q9a5nE0/s1600/marine%201%20vorne.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gidRlHm93wQ/T43OQGOrdfI/AAAAAAAAAkM/Ec9ilwSbte8/s1600/marine%201%20hinten.jpg

This marine is armed with a powerweapon and bolt pistol and will be part of my command squad if his close combat prowess is needed in battle!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EBDQABtXrG0/T43OS9fdQDI/AAAAAAAAAkc/zwZoab8L-XE/s1600/marine%202.jpg

Archived