Las Gunline

Br0ther Rafen

Hi guys

I want to make a gunline list, and i could use some help. The gunline is basically as many marines as possible just sitting there and shooting stuff.

The thing that i really want to incorparate, however, is lascannons. LOTS of them. This is because it matches my vanilla's marines fluff, and lasers shooting and destroying every thing they have, from tanks to Uber infantry (ie Terminators led by Lysander, in a LR) is pretty awsome when i picture it my head.

I have made a list at 2000pt

here it is:

HQ

Master of the Forge

Conversion Beamer

120pt

Elites

Sternguard 10x

Bolters

250pt

Troops

Tactical Squad 1 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 2 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 3 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 4 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 5 10x

flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x5

4x Lascannon's

230pt

Thunderfire Cannon

100pt

Tri Las Predator

3x LC's

225pt

Total: 2000

The tactic is to get my LC's to destroy any and all tanks on their side at extreme range. Then, get Tactical's to get close in rhino's and take the objective after i kill any big stuff on their side after the firt salvo.

TFC is there for any: 1. Hordes. Pretty much destroy any horde squad on the first 4 blasts. 2. Footslogers. pretty much the same thing, except that if he's feilding extremly defensive army i can wail on it from extreme range.

And before anyone comments, yes i am aware that there is deep strike, and the board is most probably not going to be 72" long. Still, i'm hoping that with 12 Lascannon's and 50+ bolters on the table, i can kill anything that the have at range with a large volume of S9 fire and if they get close i can Rapid fire them to death. If they deepstrike in, they can kill some stuff. big deal. i have 60+ marines on the table so they are going to be annihilated.

Still think that it needs improvement though. what do you guys think?

AAny help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rafen

Hi guys

I want to make a gunline list, and i could use some help. The gunline is basically as many marines as possible just sitting there and shooting stuff.

The thing that i really want to incorparate, however, is lascannons. LOTS of them. This is because it matches my vanilla's marines fluff, and lasers shooting and destroying every thing they have, from tanks to Uber infantry (ie Terminators led by Lysander, in a LR) is pretty awsome when i picture it my head.

I have made a list at 2000pt

here it is:

HQ

Master of the Forge

Conversion Beamer

120pt

Elites

Sternguard 10x

Bolters

250pt

Troops

Tactical Squad 1 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 2 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 3 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 4 10x

Flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Tactical Squad 5 10x

flamer

Lascannon

Rhino

215pt

Heavy Support

Devastator squad x5

4x Lascannon's

230pt

Thunderfire Cannon

100pt

Tri Las Predator

3x LC's

225pt

Total: 2000

The tactic is to get my LC's to destroy any and all tanks on their side at extreme range. Then, get Tactical's to get close in rhino's and take the objective after i kill any big stuff on their side after the firt salvo.

TFC is there for any: 1. Hordes. Pretty much destroy any horde squad on the first 4 blasts. 2. Footslogers. pretty much the same thing, except that if he's feilding extremly defensive army i can wail on it from extreme range.

And before anyone comments, yes i am aware that there is deep strike, and the board is most probably not going to be 72" long. Still, i'm hoping that with 12 Lascannon's and 50+ bolters on the table, i can kill anything that the have at range with a large volume of S9 fire and if they get close i can Rapid fire them to death. If they deepstrike in, they can kill some stuff. big deal. i have 60+ marines on the table so they are going to be annihilated.

Still think that it needs improvement though. what do you guys think?

AAny help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rafen

While you have made some points on your army and you well be able to deal with very elite armies and maybe deal with mass gribble... the problem with the Tactical lascannons is that unless you combat squad you won't be ablt to threaten my armour and my girbble at the same time with one unit (I have las in many of my tacticals) and it is also a waste of points against armies that get wrecked by missile launchers and auto-cannons... I think the lists you will find the hardest are those that take a middle ground not huge waves but not elite units either... especially believe it or not mechanized armies... such as guard, maybe some ork builds, maybe Tau (I don't know a lot about them but they tend to be shooty so you might have a hard time... but then I guess you will go for combat), Eldar and Dark Eldar.

With a number of those armies at 2,000pts I reckon I would have enough fire power to take out or cause enough damage to your Heavy support choices that they are not a huge threat... I'm then mainly left with your tactical squads which don't worry me that much if I'm say Eldar or Dark Eldar as you won't have the fire power to cause enough damage to enough of my vehicles and then I'll descend upon you like a wave of feeding locust and eat you in CC and short ranged fire fights...

I think you need to think more about what your army will be doing... how you will use it in KP missions and how you will use it in objective based missions... then you can tailor different squads for different roles. Currently I don't think your squads are maximised gunline units nor are they great for storming forward and taking objectives.

Hi guys

This might be better in the army list section but as far as which units to use, I can help a bit there.

1) I'd take a cheaper, more defensive HQ. Actually the Librarian seems perfect if only for the anti-psyker power.

2) Why take the super expensive unit of Sternguard? They don't offer that much for your army.

3) If you really want to go with Lascannon spamming, you're going to have to incorporate some Razorbacks. Either the TL Lascannon or Las/Plasma variants. It doesn't hurt your mobility too much because you can always combat squad and put your Flamer squad inside.

4) I think Hellfire Dreadnoughts with TL Lascannons/TL Autocannons is another good way to spam Lascannons and it helps with armor saturation. Or keep the DCCW for a counter-assault threat.

5) Point for point, I think the 3x Lascannon Predator is the cheapest way to field mass Lascannons so I'd use 2 or 3 of those. The Combi-Predator is a better deal in my mind but you lose out on that top TL Lascannon.

6) As for anti-horde, I'd use your fast attack options for that. Maybe take an Assault Squad for counter-assaulting or some Heavy Bolter Attack Bikes.

Good point about the Razors, that could increase the LC's firepower a lot.

Also, are they 48"? I don't have codex on me but I swear that they had 72".

@ hellios, I was.going to combat squad anyway, depending on the army I was versing.

lastly, about the sterguard, I was thinking that they would be there for a counter unit for things like mass amounts of wraithguard. And things like that. Still, could replace them for fast attack as mini gun said.

Except the sternguard can take 2 las cannons per squad, even@ only 5 men iirc. That would very much fit into his army

I would recommend dropping 1 tac squad, giving 2 las cannons to the stern guard and then give special weapons to your sgts.

Archived