Chaos Lord on Bike?

dex_911

Hey guys,

I am just asking a quick question regarding the viability of a Lord on a bike with a squad of other bikers supporting him.

What build / equipment should he have and the squad have?

Would it be better to give him a jump pack with some raptor support instead?

Basically I want a Lord that will engage in cc very quickly and hopefully hit hard!

I know Chaos players these days prefer to take a demon prince with wings..but for fluff reasons, I want to take a lord. :)

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Cheers!

dex

Someone had brought up the idea of a Tzeentch Lord with Deathscreamer on a bike and I have to admit that I kinda like it.

T5 with a 4++ save is fairly durable and you'll have a 36" effective range on your gun so you turn into a fast dakka factory that can follow up with a decent charge.

Just try to pick on Tac squads and the like and stay away from anything with a Power Fist or Thunder Hammer.

not viable. now to why. first of all if you ever see a unit you want to charge on 2ed floor of building you cant . you cant run him solo and there is a difference of usefullness between a conversion beamer and tzeench demon weapon. mot gives him a 50% chance to die.... he will be hit by the same weapons a DP will , so he cant run alone . this means we have to run bikes. now chaos bikes are bad [at best] , lets say we run 4 bikes with 2 plasma[we are making a shoting unit] no asp champ , no fist[if we end in hth we lose anyway and we wont run a 5-6 man bike squads because it costs too much for what it does]. we have the same problem as the lone biker dude[cant charge , lord can get fisted and we took one unit instead of one ] . We could as well run 2-3 oblits and a tzeench lord and it would probably work better , cost less and have more fire power.

Archived