Weathered Ultramarine Dreadnaught

CreganTur

I bought the AoBR box set over two years ago and hadn't touched it until I needed an entry for a competition last year. I decided to build the Dread, but I wanted to do something unique so I went looking for inspiration. I came across giganticdark's Forge World Space Marine thread and copied his techniques because I thought it was the best version of an ultramarine I'd ever seen.

This was the first miniature I used my airbrush on and the first time I used the salt masking technique. I also used some of Tamiya's orange rust weathering powder to really dirty him up.

I created the banner by building a flat version, then creating a negative silicone mold that I pressed a thin sheet of green stuff into to create the final version of the banner. I tried to use the same painting technique that giganticdark did for the stitching, but it's a hard technique to get down. Also, I was using acryllics. The custom water transfers are verses from the book of Revelation in the vulgate Bible. I did paint on the illuminated first letter where you see it.

I sculpted the asphalt base and painted it so it looks like he's using a crosswalk. I'm planning on doing the same thing with a squad of Terminators so I can photograph them like the Abbey Road cover :lol:

Here's the CMON voting link if anyone feels so inclined.

http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/albums/blackreach/dread17.jpg

Great job! Only compaint from my side would be that it looks like this honoured battle brother looks like there was no service done in years which is kinda hard to believe for Ultramarines. A little stronger blue would have looked even better I think. Otherwise really really great!

Archived