Pre heresy Lunar Wolves: 17th Company

Hey all. At present i am working on a Lunar Wolf Command squad as a bit of a project tieing in with a preheresy deathwatch game a mate of mine is running at the moment. If it wasn't already obvious, i'm playing a Lunar Wolf Captain, named Sakarbaal Tor.

The overall feel i am intending to aim for for the Lunar Wolves is a company comprised of both veterans and comparatively new Lunar Wolves. Having served alot of time campaigning in the Galactic Core fighting *Cough*Squats*Cough*, the older members, my captain included are fighting in Mk III armour, due to either personal preference or not getting round to being outfitted yet. The younger members of the company, and those within the command squad who requisition it, are recently outfitted with MK IV suits, although they have differing varients of the armour. Overall, their armour won't be matching exactly, with some MK IV suits with older styled backpacks.

Although i am currently just doing the command squad, in truth i may well expand and develop the entire company.

Anyhow, with no further fanfare, here's a few shots of my work in progress...

Apothecary backpack (Incomplete)

gallery_57626_5364_226724.jpg

Space Marine Captain in Mk 3 armour

gallery_57626_5364_39093.jpg

gallery_57626_5364_154124.jpg

gallery_57626_5364_366888.jpg

The current state of the command squad (so far)

gallery_57626_5364_78580.jpg

Also, if anyone has any surefire easy way of modelling studs short of using green stuff, you'd make my life a heckuva lot easier. I tried utilising PVA but they didn't seem 'uniform' enough...

Archived