Cato Sicarius

pingo

I love the Sicarius model, but wanted to depict him in a much more dynamic pose. So ...

gallery_43446_4990_120612.jpg

gallery_43446_4990_130907.jpg

gallery_43446_4990_16764.jpg

First real attempt to sculpt a cape here. Highlights are a bit untidy, but hey, it's not supposed to be looked at close-up :lol:

Hope you enjoy this!

My biggest complaint with the Sicarius model is it is horrifyingly static, a problem which you sir have completely solved. Your Sicarius is far better than the standard version and was superbly done! I like it a lot, I only wish I had the capability to do something similar.

Awesome looking model, pingo. Congrats on getting them featured on the Games Workshop news letter.

I really like how the blue looks. Some of the highlights on the cloak look a little off, but that might be from some of the faults in how you resculpted it. Nice to see someone paint Ultramarines and make them look good. I'm sure you spent a fort night doing the converting for it.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

The conversion work was pretty tricky, but after a long time spent studying the model I worked out that I could cut off the things dangling between his legs (so to speak ... ), saw the arms away and saw the front of the torso off more or less intact. I could not save any of the legs, arms, and cape and so they were sacrificed.

The legs are from the Sanguinary Guard kit, and I filed some of the plastic away so I could green stuff the ridged leg armour. The front of the original torso was glued to a standard back and green stuff was used to smooth it all out. The left shoulder pad was the hardest work as I had to carve out the slot for his arm to fit in. The rest of the bits are standard plastic ones except the plasma pistol and obviously the helmet and backpack. The cape is entirely green stuff.

@HJL: considering there are two shots here that didn't appear on the GW site, I'll let you figure it out. Can't help but feel pretty insulted by that comment. Wow.

He looks great! Apparently unlike most people, I'm very fond of the default pose for the model (he looks very lordly and commanding in that pose, exactly how I imagine him to be), but you have really done a superb job of making it your own and coming up with something that is unique, yet still on par with the beautiful original pose. Major props for this amazing effort!

LOL

I just converted a new Agemman (Kantor counts-as) model the other day and he has the exact same pose, I used Sicarius' helmet,and he just has his gun and melee weapon in opposite hands. I even immediatly recognized the Sanguiniary Guard legs because I used the same ones ^_^

Very nicely done, sir. Very nice.

Props to you sir for this conversion you can see the hard work and thought that went into it. Tho the sicarius model that I always liked was the one with the pair of LCs. If that one could be done in a running/charging pose that would be bad a$$, like the SW wolf guard that GW brought out several months back. But your version sir is crazy good.

Respects, Emperorsaxe

Archived